5 advantages of a video intercom system
It's been said that a home should be like a fortress, with every corner protected, not only inside but outside as well. Smart intercoms are very useful for this because together with other devices, they could significantly increase the security level of a home. They allow you to view the person before they enter any room of your home. By installing a video intercom system, you can prevent any unwanted guests from entering your property. This will make your life much easier and safer which will make you and your loved ones feel much more secure. Before installing this system, however, you probably want to know more about some of the benefits it can offer you. Sure Lock & Key gathered together 5 main advantages of such systems below.
Main benefits of a video intercom system
- Access the system remotely: This means that you can not only use a separate application for your smartphone, but also specially designed software for this purpose. For example, if you are building a new house, you can give this information to the workers while they construct entrances.
- Improve guest management: the Intercom system for the home allows you to control all access points directly. For example, if it is a large building with multiple entrances, you can see who enters the facility and what time they enter.
- Manage the footage: surveillance cameras use a large amount of gigabytes for their content, which can take up a lot of room on your hard drive. You might quickly run out of space. That's why it's a good idea to save your images and videos to a cloud storage, or delete those that are not relevant.
- Secure your package delivery: a package could be delivered to you without any kind of prior notification. In this case you won't know who delivered it or if someone took it. However, a properly situated intercom with cameras could resolve this problem. With a clear view of the person who delivered the package, you can easily identify the courier or the potential thief. For example, you receive a package, and later someone you don't recognize takes this package. The camera captures this person's face, so you can use this as evidence when you report it as stolen.
- Easy installation: you don't need to make fundamental changes to your home to install the camera intercom system. Just find a place where the camera will be able to show as much as possible of the area you need for surveillance. If you are unsure about how to handle this, you should consider calling a residential locksmith. This person has been trained in the required skills and has acquired the knowledge to do the job right.
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
How does the video intercom work
Why do I need a video door intercom system?
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
What is the best video intercom system
- Echo Show 8: this system got its name from the 8-inch touch screen. Easy to assemble and use, it only needs an internet connection to communicate with other devices. You can turn it off or set it up with a voice command by using the voice control option. In addition, if you want you can listen to a podcast or an audiobook with Echo Show 8.
- Hosmart Full Duplex Wireless Intercom System: a simple and easy-to-use intercom for two-way communication, it consists of a base and a subunit. It is battery operated and the resulting signal could show up to 1,000 feet. Group communication can be increased to up to three subunits with one base. Also, you can perform room monitoring by using this system.
- Amazon Wireless Doorbell Intercom System: this system features the latest IP technology used when a visitor rings a doorbell and the person inside the home receives a notification on their phone. With it, you can communicate with the person remotely and even unlock the door. You can set up communication between the indoor monitors and outdoor cameras (two doorbells and four monitors in total). The doorbell camera has a 1080p camera with a 115-degree wide-angle view and is resistant to water. This camera also has a built-in infrared sensor and night vision so that you can identify the person even in the dark.
You may also like
Are Smart Locks Secure
Smart locks attract more and more people every day. No wonder the world is slowly giving up on classic locks. Who wouldn't want to open a door just by pressing a button? Who wouldn't want to be able to check to see if their entrance door is locked? However, generally speaking, are they worth it? Do smart locks really have so many advantages? Are they really cost effective? Let's take a quick look. Sure Lock & Key - has prepared their clients a useful guide and helper in the world of security in both the practical and theoretical spheres!
The Alarm System History Guide
Feeling safe and protected is one of Mankind's most essential needs. No wonder we have been so concerned about it throughout history. Today, we’re lucky to have all these magnificent state-of-the-art security technologies, but our grandparents didn’t. How has the security industry developed so greatly during the last few decades? What has changed it and shaped it? This Sure Lock & Key short blog will give you a quick understanding of home security, its importance, and why shortly it will become even more important and definitely more advanced!
Why Is Security Important
Who could have imagined our lives would change so drastically during the last two years? Our homes replaced dozens of the places we used to visit every day. Making your home your castle may be a great idea and you've probably already made some moves in that direction. Including some necessary actions that make your home more protected. However, only an integrated approach is efficient. You may consider using a security audit to find all the breaches and handle all the potential security issues, even those tiny ones. A security audit might be a new concept for you, but it is worth your attention. Sure Lock & Key is more than happy to help you understand what a security audit is, how it works and when you may need it. Please read on…