What to Consider Before Duplicating Your Office Keys
Each of us, at least once, has forgotten or lost our keys somewhere. Therefore, creating a duplicate to resolve this problem is quite reasonable. However, if we are discussing duplicating office keys, this is a completely different matter. After all, for business owners, the security of their facility is crucial. No one would want the keys to their office to end up in the wrong hands. Yet, sometimes you cannot do without duplicating keys. For example, the old key was lost. Or when your staff is growing and you need to give keys to new employees. So how do you make duplication safe? Sure Lock & Key is ready and happy to answer all of your questions, dispel your doubts and tell you everything there’s to know about commercial key duplication.
Can I Make a Copy of a Key that Says Do Not Duplicate
How Do You Know If You Can Copy a Key
- Car keys. Although most modern car models require a brand new key, you can easily get a key made by a locksmith according to your car’s make, model and year.
- Safe keys. You can duplicate all types of unique safe keys. The only disadvantage is that sometimes it takes quite a long time to make these copies, which depends on the type of key.
- Yale keys. Standard and small keys that can be duplicated at any locksmith company in a short time.
- Chubb keys. A slightly larger key with its own design. It takes a bit more time to make a copy of this type of key, but this service is also available at any locksmith company.
- Padlock keys. The vast majority of padlock keys are Yale keys. Therefore, creating a duplicate for these locks will not create any difficulties, even if it is necessary to duplicate a key of a different type.
What Keys Can You Not Copy
Can you copy an already copied key
You may also like
Why Can’t I Get My Key Duplicated
Key duplication is easy and quick and definitely among the most requested locksmith services. We know it for sure because we have been cutting new keys for more than 35 years. However, there are some unusual situations where things are not so clear and getting a new key may be challenging. There are many different types of keys and some of them actually can’t be duplicated. Let’s check what might go wrong and how it can be fixed. Sure Lock & Key is always ready to give you a hand and make complicated things about locksmithing begin to look easier!
Bent Car Key Duplication
How can one bend the key? That’s a strange question because no one deliberately would do such a thing. But accidents happen all the time, and somehow car keys get bent. Usually, people bend them in a hurry, or when due to the lock or ignition issues they can’t turn it. Sometimes people use their key as an improvised tool for opening tins, trying to dislodge something from a narrow space, etc. In any case, this is not a tragedy, a professional locksmith can easily help you. Sure Lock & Key provides car key duplication of bent keys very often, so we know how to solve such a problem really quickly. Still don’t believe us that this is real? Then you should read this blog post till the end, and you will see how easy it is for the professionals!
We like to see people’s faces when we tell them that we can make a new key without a key, so there’s no need to change the whole lock. Making a key without a current one can sound like something from sci-fi movies, but it’s a common service we provide quite often. To be precise, there are a few methods a locksmith can use to make a new key. And each of them requires skills, knowledge, experience, and special tools. So let’s figure out how a professional locksmith can provide you with the new key when you’ve lost the last one! And remember, Sure Lock & Key is always here whether you need a new key or information!