What is a hollow metal door
There are so many different factors you'll need to consider when choosing a door for a commercial building. It might be even harder to decide on this door than on the one for your house. It should be secure, reliable and last a long time.
One of the most popular door types used in various industrial buildings and public facilities is a hollow metal door. Probably, you've seen and used it at some point in your life. These doors are composed of strong and sturdy materials that can withstand various attacks or fires.
Let's discuss in more detail where this type of door is used and what it can offer you.
What is a hollow metal door used for
Advantages of hollow metal door
- These doors don't require a lot of maintenance. They're usually composed of galvanized stainless steel and they are not vulnerable to all kinds of outside conditions. A hollow metal door can easily resist corrosion.
- Their biggest advantage is probably their durability. They can last way longer than regular wooden or plastic doors. They can't get damaged easily or get worn out.
- As we have mentioned above, hollow metal doors have some kind of insulation material. It makes them more energy efficient than other door types.
- It might not seem so at first sight but actually, these doors are pretty lightweight. Their installation is not that hard as well.
- Another significant advantage a hollow metal door can offer you is fire safety. This door type is nonflammable and it can resist high temperatures for a long time.
You may also like
How do high-speed doors work
If you're an owner of a big warehouse or any public space, you know how hard it might be to find the proper door for your facility. Many people enter buildings like that throughout the day. That's why it's essential to get a door that will not get worn out easily. Mechanical doors, even the most qualitative ones, are not the best option for commercial properties and public facilities. These buildings are mostly equipped with automated doors. Today, there are so many different types of these doors out in the market. Which one is the best for your business and what to consider before making the decision? <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> created a little guide on one of the most popular doors of that type – high-speed door. Let's dive in!
What are exit devices
For any business owner security of their facility is one of the top priorities. Many of them pay a lot of attention to protection from burglars. However, there’s another aspect of security that can’t be neglected. It’s important to prepare your facility for various emergencies that might occur. For example, one of the most common problems many business owners have to deal with is fire. Unfortunately, more than 100,000 fires occur in commercial buildings annually. So, it’s vital to come up with a fire safety plan. One of the first things to take care of is the emergency exit. It’ll help you avoid human casualties. Besides getting a <a href="/blog/what-is-a-fire-rated-door/">fire-rated door</a>, one of the best ways to make an exit easier and more accessible in case of an emergency is to equip your building with exit devices. Sure Lock & Key is ready to tell you everything we know about various exit devices and what they can offer you. So, keep reading to learn more.
Complete security for industrial complexes
The security industry has developed drastically in the last few years. Combined U.S. private and public sector spending on security is projected to exceed $1 trillion in the coming decade. Experts compare this trend to Cold War military spending. Security systems are required in all industrial areas, especially those with a high risk of intrusion and information leakage. If you're considering installing a security system, you've come to the right place. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> has extensive experience and expertise in installing security systems and offers efficient security systems maintenance for all industrial facilities.