How do high-speed doors work
If you're an owner of a big warehouse or any public space, you know how hard it might be to find the proper door for your facility. Many people enter buildings like that throughout the day. That's why it's essential to get a door that will not get worn out easily. Mechanical doors, even the most qualitative ones, are not the best option for commercial properties and public facilities. These buildings are mostly equipped with automated doors.
Today, there are so many different types of these doors out in the market. Which one is the best for your business and what to consider before making the decision? Sure Lock & Key created a little guide on one of the most popular doors of that type – high-speed door. Let's dive in!
What are high-speed doors
Advantages of high-speed door
- First of all, this industrial door will provide your building with a higher level of security. You can choose a sturdy material, like aluminum, for example, which will make your door much stronger. Also, because of the high speed of their closure, it's almost impossible for any unauthorized person to sneak in. However, if you want to provide your building with additional security, consider using professional security services.
- One of the biggest advantages of high-speed doors is that they increase the productivity of your work. Each second counts and your workers won't have to spend a lot of time waiting till your door opens or closes.
- This type of door can be really useful for companies that work with some harmful materials. They prevent them from spreading to other areas.
- The high speed of opening and closure helps you control the airflow and temperature levels. These doors seal tightly and usually are weather-resistant, so it'll be much easier to keep a certain temperature inside.
- These doors are easy to use and maintain. You'll need to clean them from time to time to avoid certain breakages.
Types of high-speed door
- Metal high-speed doors are an extremely reliable and durable option. They're really to maintain and they are a great way to stop dust and pesticides from spreading.
- Fabric high-speed doors are perfect for blocking out noise. They can withstand strong winds and other weather conditions. This type of door is one of the most affordable ones.
- Rubber high-speed doors are extremely secure and strong. They're composed of an NBR rubber curtain and polyester. They can resist extreme weather conditions. Quite often, they come with a warranty.