Security tips for summer rental properties - your main targets
Most people pay a lot of attention to their home security, as they want their house to be their safe haven. What about rental properties? Usually, security in rentals is much weaker because people stay in these houses for only short periods of time. However, just because you’re staying somewhere for two weeks, it doesn’t mean that you should neglect your security. Let’s not forget that there are risks everywhere, and unfortunately, you can also be a victim of a burglary while you’re on vacation. They might target you because you’re not a local resident in the area and assume that you’re not too concerned about home security. However, when you’re on vacation, security is essential. You wouldn’t want to deal with thieves and police instead of chilling on the beach, right?
So, there are a few ways to improve vacation safety and protect your rental property. As a professional locksmith company with 35 years of experience, Sure Lock & Key is ready to provide you with valuable information about this topic. Follow this blog post and learn how to make your summer rental property a lot safer.
Why should you focus on vacation rental safety?
How can technology help to protect your properties
- Wi-fi cameras help you to check and monitor what’s happening on your property. This technology uses Wi-Fi to control everything inside and outside the area. You can see what’s going on even if you are away from home by connecting to the Internet and opening the application on your smartphone. Make sure you choose the best location to avoid blind spots.
- A smart doorbell helps to manage access. This device is much better than the traditional one for several reasons. First, you don’t need to open the door to see the visitor. Second, you can record all the activity that happens outside. Third, you don’t need to be at home to deny access to unwanted visitors because you can do it remotely. If you have a two-way audio doorbell, you can speak with the person at your door anytime and from any place as long as you have internet reception.
- Locks for windows help to deter burglaries. Statistics tell us that a window is an intruder’s most common entry point. As a property owner, you should ensure that all the windows in the house are protected. Motion sensor devices and window locks will stop an intruder from going inside. These gadgets are tiny and could be masked with natural objects, giving the owner an advantage over the intruders.
What safety devices should my rental have?
- Entry sensor: As you can understand from the name, this sensor is placed at the entry point and is used to detect any movement in that area. When the door opens, you get a notification that someone is entering.
- Smart locks: This is a good alternative to a classical mechanical lock. A smart lock is all about a keyless entry. You can open the door with the combination code or biometrics. These locks are slowly taking over traditional ones. So, if you’re thinking about replacing your old lock, you can receive assistance from residential locksmith services. Locksmiths have the required skills and knowledge and can do everything quickly and efficiently.
- Smart lights. With these lights, you can create different scenarios (a romantic dinner for two, a late-night party, etc.), and also they are useful for security purposes. If you know you will be away for a while, you can set the lights as if you are home. To thieves, it can look like someone’s inside, so chances are they won’t break in.
- Security cameras: With cameras, you will have an “extra pair of eyes” almost everywhere. Just choose the right location to place them and ask a professional to help you with the installation.
Ways to ensure vacation rental safety
You may also like
What is the best home security system
In-home wireless security systems consist of several parts that work like one big mechanism. Earlier, people closed their homes and hoped for the better. Now, you close your home and you can know what is going on. The main advantage of using this system is protecting the house or the apartment from intruders. The additional advantage is your peace of mind. Centralized management allows owners to control everything on their own, switching between cameras, turning on an alarm, lights, etc. All you need is to choose the system then place all cameras in the right spots so that you have vision of every corner at any time of your choosing. However the hardest part may be knowing which system to purchase. Choice is wonderful but it’s also, at times, confusing.There are so many products on the market that, without previous knowledge, choosing could be a complete nightmare. Why not use our experience? Sure Lock & Key has been providing locksmith and security services for over 35 years. We’re more than happy to help you make an educated decision. This is what we do , every day. Anyhow time to introduce some variables regarding the information you will need to make the most educated decision possible. Let’s start!
Additional Security For Your Home Via Smart Devices
There’s no limit to improvement, especially if it concerns your house safety. There always will be something you could add, change or upgrade. New security inventions surface every day. Naturally, following each invention and variations of them might be complicated and time consuming. That’s why Sure Lock & Key put together this blog post for you. Inside you will find interesting and useful information concisely laid out to help you clarify security-related issues and hopefully provide some good answers. If not, remember that we’re always a call away to assist you!
Home Security Myths You Shouldn't Believe
Trying to make our home as safe as possible, you might be going in the wrong direction. There's so much information today, it’s hard to be sure whom you can trust and whom you shouldn’t. Regarding these matters, you should always, without exception, rely on professionals, only. Sure Lock & Key wants to help you make your house as secure as possible. Let's review some of these security myths: