Additional Security For Your Home Via Smart Devices
There’s no limit to improvement, especially if it concerns your house safety. There always will be something you could add, change or upgrade. New security inventions surface every day. Naturally, following each invention and variations of them might be complicated and time consuming. That’s why Sure Lock & Key put together this blog post for you. Inside you will find interesting and useful information concisely laid out to help you clarify security-related issues and hopefully provide some good answers. If not, remember that we’re always a call away to assist you!
A Smart Door Lock
A Smart Doorbell With Camera
Smart And Motion-Activated Lighting
A Smart Camera System
How To Protect Smart Devices
- Smart devices collect personal data. To protect yourself, learn what kind of data is collected, whether it will be shared with third parties, and how to protect it.
- Choose local storage instead of the cloud.
- Separate your home and guest networks. Use the guest network to set up your devices.
- Use a password manager. It is an advanced tool that helps users securely store and manage their login credentials.
- You can use VPN to eliminate the potential for hackers to break in and steal confidential information.
- Don’t forget to protect your mobile phone by setting up the password, as the app on your phone can control most of your home’s smart devices. In case your phone is lost or stolen, no one will be able to use it.
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
You may also like
Making Your New Home Secure
Buying the first house is always an exciting moment. We congratulate you regarding this achievement and wish you all the best! As you know moving into a new home will introduce you to many challenges. One of them may be your new property's safety and security. That’s the part we would be glad to help you with. It’s what we do. Sure Lock & Key is a locksmith company with over 35 years of experience in the Locksmith and Security industry. During this time, we have helped thousands of people to secure their new homes. Now we want to share our knowledge and experience with you. In this blog post, you will find our suggestions on why it’s so important to change locks even before you move in and why your front door lock is the first level of protection. We hope you will find the information we share with you here to be helpful.
Are Smart Locks Secure
Smart locks attract more and more people every day. No wonder the world is slowly giving up on classic locks. Who wouldn't want to open a door just by pressing a button? Who wouldn't want to be able to check to see if their entrance door is locked? However, generally speaking, are they worth it? Do smart locks really have so many advantages? Are they really cost effective? Let's take a quick look. Sure Lock & Key - has prepared their clients a useful guide and helper in the world of security in both the practical and theoretical spheres!
Smart Locks VS. Traditional Locks
There’s still no agreement on which lock is the best. The answer always lies somewhere between “the one which is the most secure”, “the one you prefer” and their respective costs. However, we’re here to provide you with the information about these lock types from a professional point of view so that you can make an intelligent choice. Let’s figure out why getting rid of traditional locks is rather a wise idea and also explain what a smart lock is. Sure Lock & Key is here to advise and clarify any questions about locksmithing as well as to provide the professional services as they become necessary!