Security measures that every landlord should provide for their tenants
Everyone wants to feel safe and secure in their home, no matter if it’s rented or their own. However, if you rent a house, its security is the landlord's responsibility.
If you’re a landlord, you need to ensure your tenants are protected when they’re on your property. First, people are more likely to choose an apartment or house with decent security. Also, if you secure your property in advance, there’ll be no need to deal with the consequences of a break-in. Sure Lock & Key knows everything about home security and we would like to share our knowledge with you. So, if you want to learn more about various security measures, keep reading.
Securing doors and windows
The Right locks
- One of the most popular front door locks is a deadbolt. These locks are considered to be the most secure ones. They’re composed of strong and sturdy materials that can withstand various physical attacks. They have a complex locking mechanism, which is almost impossible to pick with all the common lockpicking tools.
- Mortise locks are known to be the ones with the highest security level. That’s why they are mainly used for outside doors. Just like the previous type, mortise locks are made to withstand physical attacks and brutal force applying.
- Another option that is gaining popularity today is a smart lock. One of its biggest advantages is that it doesn’t have a keyhole, so it’s impossible to pick them. Another benefit they offer is a remote control. This type of lock can be connected to your smartphone. So, even if you forget to lock your door, you can do it remotely. Also, you can control who and when accesses your property.
Restricted access control
- First of all, cameras act as a strong crime deterrent. The biggest fear of most criminals is getting noticed, so they usually avoid houses equipped with cameras and alarms.
- Cameras allow you to control the situation inside the house from anywhere and at any time. You can choose whether to monitor it yourself or hire a professional security company to do it for you.
- Most security cameras today can be connected to your alarm system. Both can be connected to your phone. So every time they detect someone entering your property, you’ll receive a notification.