How door access control system works
Before installing a device, software or mechanism, you should get as much information as possible. Access control security is vital as the owner must manage access and coordinate the traffic in the entire building. Depending on the type of the system, it may include several parts:
- Credentials. Information about people who can access the system (IP, passcode, phone number, fingerprints, etc.)
- Server. A program where you can save and manage access to the credentials. For example, if a person is fired, you can delete their data from the server, including an access grant.
- The reader. This part scans the data and forms an ID.
- Control panel. It compares the person's data to the users' list and activates the lock if the credentials match.
- The door lock. It activates after receiving the signal from the control panel and unlocks the door.
Types of door access control systems
- Number of entries
- Size of the deployment
- Number of users
- An overall security level
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
The benefits of access control systems
- Simple access. There is no need to place several locks inside the office. The control management option can change the privileges and give your employees a higher access level. If you have swipe card readers access control, all you have to do is reprogram the card or change it.
- Money saver. You don't need to hire a security guard or place additional locks. ID door access control systems give information about how people move inside the office. Who comes and when. Who leaves and when. Each person who works in your company has their credentials in the database, so you will be protected from unwanted visitors.
- Trust among employees. Remember that you are protecting your workspace, so you don't need to restrict people's rights. If your colleagues know where and when they can access the office, they won't feel uncomfortable or ask you to give access daily. Make sure you have added information to the server so that the system will recognize the person’s credentials and grant access.
- Informational security. If you have all the information saved in a single database, you have to make sure that only trusted individuals can access it. Door access control systems allow you to grant access to the department with this database or restrict it if needed.
Why are access control systems better than keys
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
You may also like
Install Your Access Control System Today
Every business owner wants their offices to be safe at all times. Thieves have improved their knowledge of traditional locks and how to unlock them. The Locksmith and Security industry on the other hand, has countered with the development of access control systems. This system is used to give you a much greater, all inclusive method of protection. It also presents a new level of ease, convenience, as well as a more complete inner sense of protection. An access control and key system is many times harder to crack, so it will prevent a thief from breaching the entrance and entering inside. It also works as a secondary security system in that if someone does gain access from the outside he is still preempted from entering individual offices.
What is the best home security system
In-home wireless security systems consist of several parts that work like one big mechanism. Earlier, people closed their homes and hoped for the better. Now, you close your home and you can know what is going on. The main advantage of using this system is protecting the house or the apartment from intruders. The additional advantage is your peace of mind. Centralized management allows owners to control everything on their own, switching between cameras, turning on an alarm, lights, etc. All you need is to choose the system then place all cameras in the right spots so that you have vision of every corner at any time of your choosing. However the hardest part may be knowing which system to purchase. Choice is wonderful but it’s also, at times, confusing.There are so many products on the market that, without previous knowledge, choosing could be a complete nightmare. Why not use our experience? Sure Lock & Key has been providing locksmith and security services for over 35 years. We’re more than happy to help you make an educated decision. This is what we do , every day. Anyhow time to introduce some variables regarding the information you will need to make the most educated decision possible. Let’s start!
Additional Security For Your Home Via Smart Devices
There’s no limit to improvement, especially if it concerns your house safety. There always will be something you could add, change or upgrade. New security inventions surface every day. Naturally, following each invention and variations of them might be complicated and time consuming. That’s why Sure Lock & Key put together this blog post for you. Inside you will find interesting and useful information concisely laid out to help you clarify security-related issues and hopefully provide some good answers. If not, remember that we’re always a call away to assist you!