Are keypad locks worth it
If you open many doors every single day, you probably hate taking a bunch of keys with you everywhere. Maybe you’ve even been considering changing your locks to keyless entry systems for the last few months. However, there are many types of them, and you might not be sure which one to choose. A keypad lock is an option where practical convenience and affordable price match perfectly. What about security? You might still doubt whether it is safe to lock and unlock a door without a physical key or whether your new lock won’t become an easy target for intruders.
We at Sure Lock & Key are here to shed some light on this topic so that you can get the answers and make the right decision for you. We welcome you to read the following if you want to know more about keypad locks.
Benefits of keypad locks
- Convenience and time-saving. As we mentioned above, this type of entry system doesn’t require a key, and that gives you almost unlimited opportunities. First, you are free of the burden of carrying a bunch of keys with you, taking up space in your purse or pocket. Instead, entering a code combination is all you need to open your front door. It’s so easy! The second benefit in favor of installing the keypad lock will be valuable for parents. Dear parents, do you remember at least one situation your child has been locked out of the house due to forgotten keys? A keypad lock solves this problem and will be easier to operate for your kids.
- Higher level of security. Unlike the unpopular beliefs of some people doubting the effectiveness of keypad locks, they are proven to secure your entrance better than regular locks. Why? The first reason is they’re impossible to be picked as they don’t have a keyhole. One more reason is that there is no chance a burglar can accidentally guess your four- or six-digit code. Of course, if you haven’t set a password of six identical numbers. That means that most robbers avoid these locks, as they’re not capable of opening them.
- Smart investment. If you look at digital lock prices with a sight of sadness, don’t be discouraged. Take it not like money spending, but like a wise investment. Why? A digital lock will significantly increase the price of your property in case you want to sell it in the future. Tech-friendly houses are in demand, and they usually sell faster.
What are the cons of keyless entry door locks
- The price. Yes, the cost of keypad locks is higher than the regular ones. It’s easy to explain, as the system operates with the help of technical devices and involves many resources to work properly. However, it’s important to note that you are paying for your comfort and convenience.
- DIY complexity. One more thing to consider is the more expensive the lock is, the harder it is to install it yourself. Inappropriate lock installation may cause door damage and scratch marks. Also, this is one of the reasons intruders may hack your lock. They can sometimes tell that a non-professional did the installation. Calling a reliable locksmith will prevent this problem.
- Don’t forget the code. There is one more important feature. If you forget the code combination, you won’t be able to get inside. That’s why making up a password you will remember is recommended. However, as we mentioned before, don’t make it too obvious so that no criminal could possibly guess it. After all, if you somehow forget the code combination, feel free to ask emergency locksmith services for assistance.
Are keypad locks safe
Do keypad locks require batteries
You may also like
Smart Locks VS. Traditional Locks
There’s still no agreement on which lock is the best. The answer always lies somewhere between “the one which is the most secure”, “the one you prefer” and their respective costs. However, we’re here to provide you with the information about these lock types from a professional point of view so that you can make an intelligent choice. Let’s figure out why getting rid of traditional locks is rather a wise idea and also explain what a smart lock is. Sure Lock & Key is here to advise and clarify any questions about locksmithing as well as to provide the professional services as they become necessary!
How To Secure Your Home On A Budget
If we can’t feel safe at home, then where can we? Having a safe home may be the most natural desire every person shares. However, cost matters when trying to achieve the required result. Since price may play a significant role, we would like to suggest some shortcuts that will make your home safer and save you money. Sure Lock & Key has over 35 years of experience in the Locksmith and Security industry from which to suggest these tips on how to make your home more secure on a budget. Keep reading!
History And Timeline Of Home Security Systems
Today more and more people are getting home security systems. This is a great solution to reducing stress and anxiety about something dangerous that could go wrong while you’re out or even while you're home. Especially when you or members of your family are sleeping. However, the concept isn’t new. It only had a little bit of rethink that was quickly supplemented by new and imaginative ideas. Let’s concisely check where and how it started and where it’s going. Being leading professionals, Sure Lock & Key is ready to provide you with all the possible information about home security systems you may be interested in.