3 best door locks you should use for your rental
When it comes to letting an apartment or a house to tenants, then the issue of security is the most important. You’re letting unknown people into your home, so it is better not to neglect the protection of your property. Yes, of course, you may count on the decency of your tenants, but this might be too little. Therefore, landlords often would like to know which door locks are the best to choose to protect their property, and this is quite reasonable because locks are the first security device that should be taken care of. You may also consider installing other safety devices like CCTV cameras or others. However, if security cameras are a great addition, locks are a necessity. Therefore, in our article, we listed the best door locks to choose for your rental property.
3 types Of Locks for Rentals
- Kwikset Locks. Kwikset door locks are designed in a way the lock mechanism can be easily replaced with a new key. So, to reset the lock, you only need to insert a new key and a learning tool. The door lock will adjust to the new key, and you will be able to use it.
- Keypad Locks. Keypad locks use a code combination for entry instead of a key, so it's a great option for landlords. This way you can not only easily reset the code when necessary but also not worry that the tenants did not close the door because this lock does it automatically.
- Landlord Locks. Landlord locks look like regular locks but have a few extra features that make them a perfect choice for landlords. Just like Kwikset locks, you may easily change the lock mechanism by simply purchasing a new key. Or you may replace the key cylinder with a spare one.
5 of the best locks for landlords to look at
- Kwikset 916 Smartcode Touchscreen. It is a locking motorized deadbolt that can be opened with one touch due to the keyless system. These door locks work with Alexa and support voice control. It also works with batteries, so you do not have to provide additional wires.
- Schlage Camelot Keypad. This wireless door lock allows you to use it without any key and set a digit code for opening. This is how you can change the code anytime you need it. You may also add and delete the code easily, which makes it the perfect choice for the rental.
- Kwikset 907 Powerbolt 2.0 Electronic Deadbolt featuring SmartKey. With the help of this mechanism, you can lock your door with one touch and set or delete the required code if it is needed. It is also wireless and uses a code to open the door.
- Samsung SHS P718 Push-Pull Handle with a fingerprint scanner. The biometric door lock with fingerprint and touchscreen type of access. This device is made of plastic and metal and works with batteries.
- Lockley Bluetooth Keyless Entry Door Smart Lock. Keypad lock with both fingerprint access and key lock mechanism. There are two keys in the set, so you may use them if needed. This device works on IOS and Android devices and is easy to install.
You may also like
Making Your Apartment Secure With Professionals
A sense of security is one of the basic needs people need and in our modern societies, expect. Fulfilling it, we create a base for our personal growth and development. When we feel safe, we can be ourselves, relax, and work without constantly looking over our shoulders. Our private space, our territory, is untouchable, at least it should be. So what are the rules needed to be followed in order to properly answer the question of how to prevent home burglary, especially with respect to apartments? Different surveys report that thieves' approach robbing residential houses differently from apartments. Sure Lock & Key wants to provide you with tips that will work for your particular situation, so you won’t need to concoct something new on your own. We put together our experience as well as our customers whose apartments were unfortunately intruded upon. They are sad stories with which to learn from. Finally we have come up with a list of suggestions on how to secure an apartment. Let’s secure your home!
Since the original idea of private space flashed upon somebody’s mind, thousands of manufacturers and craftsmen have attempted to give the world the perfect lock. Years of continuous development, improvement and new inventions have brought us different types of door locks all the way to the present day. In this blog post, you will find information about the most popular lock types, their specifications and valuable tips on using and maintaining them. Sure Lock & Key will gladly be your locksmith encyclopedia. A place where you can get all the information you need!
How To Secure Your Home On A Budget
If we can’t feel safe at home, then where can we? Having a safe home may be the most natural desire every person shares. However, cost matters when trying to achieve the required result. Since price may play a significant role, we would like to suggest some shortcuts that will make your home safer and save you money. Sure Lock & Key has over 35 years of experience in the Locksmith and Security industry from which to suggest these tips on how to make your home more secure on a budget. Keep reading!