The town of Marlborough, formed of Glastonbury, Hebron, and Colchester, is located in Hartford County. It was incorporated in 1803 but the first community was established here long before this date. Primarily, locals were involved in farming. However, the town’s landscape wasn’t suitable for this purpose due to its rocky hills. After the incorporation, the light industry and manufacturing started to spring up. Grain and lumber mills, the Colonel Elisha Buell gunnery and the Union Manufacturing Company were the most prominent enterprises of the town. Today, Marlborough is a residential community.