Which is better: steel or aluminum door
The question “Which door material to use?” may normally arise when you're about to buy doors for your house or other property, as the door material naturally influences its future condition and durability. There is no wrong choice in this situation, as everything depends on what you personally look for in a door and what desired characteristics it should have. Before purchasing a door, ask yourself what factors are the most important for you. This way, it would be easier for you to synchronize your demands with the features each door material offers. We welcome you to read our article to learn more about door materials differences and determine which one is the most suitable for your property.
The benefits of a steel door
- Strength. The first thing that generally comes to mind is clearly their strength and durability. Nobody can disagree stainless steel is the most robust among the other door materials. It means they are extremely resistant to damage and breaking.
- Low maintenance. Overall, the high-quality steel doors don't require special maintenance, as they've already been properly primed and painted and don't need additional substances to look good. You may only need to wipe them from time to time.
- Cost. Among all doors, the steel ones are definitely the best in terms of price and quality. The material is not whimsical and easy to get, so their price is totally fair.
- Security. No door material can be compared to a steel one in terms of security. These doors aren't vulnerable to breaking, shrinking, cracking, or warping. Combined with high-quality locks, they become an insurmountable obstacle for any intruder. If you want to increase the safety level even more, consider installing a full security system by summoning professional security services, which are one call away.
The benefits of an aluminum door
- Appearance. No doubt, aluminum doors have an aesthetically pleasing look. They're available in a range of finishes with no limitations on glazing, which makes them fit any type of building.
- Lightweight. These doors are quite slim, and their weight is pretty small, so they don't need any extra force to be opened. That means an aluminum door is a perfect option if children use that entry.
- Weatherproof and corrosion resistance. This is probably the biggest advantage of aluminum doors. They're not subject to rust and corrosion, as this metal is naturally resistant to them. These doors don't need additional coatings of special protective substances, which is also very budget-saving.
- Versatility. Aluminum doors are considered to be all-rounders, as they can be used both indoors and outdoors, they are rust-resistant, and come in a variety of styles and finishes any other doors can't compete with. Moreover, this particular type of door goes with many different locks so that your home design can be close to flawless.
Which one to choose
You may also like
What is a revolving door used for
Probably, all of you have seen a revolving door and used one. They're commonly used in malls, office buildings, hospitals and all kinds of other high-rise buildings. These doors are not only aesthetically pleasing, but they are functional as well. They're a perfect option for facilities that many people enter every day. The entry becomes much easier and faster and unlike the hinged doors, revolving doors don't get worn out that easily. Even though many people might think that this type of door is one of the newer inventions, it appeared at the end of the 19th century in Pennsylvania. Over the years, they were modified a lot and eventually, they came to the form we're all used to. Today, we want to talk more about how this door works and its main pros and cons. Let's dive in.
What is a hollow metal door
There are so many different factors you'll need to consider when choosing a door for a commercial building. It might be even harder to decide on this door than on the one for your house. It should be secure, reliable and last a long time. One of the most popular door types used in various industrial buildings and public facilities is a hollow metal door. Probably, you've seen and used it at some point in your life. These doors are composed of strong and sturdy materials that can withstand various attacks or fires. Let's discuss in more detail where this type of door is used and what it can offer you.
What are exit devices
For any business owner security of their facility is one of the top priorities. Many of them pay a lot of attention to protection from burglars. However, there’s another aspect of security that can’t be neglected. It’s important to prepare your facility for various emergencies that might occur. For example, one of the most common problems many business owners have to deal with is fire. Unfortunately, more than 100,000 fires occur in commercial buildings annually. So, it’s vital to come up with a fire safety plan. One of the first things to take care of is the emergency exit. It’ll help you avoid human casualties. Besides getting a <a href="/blog/what-is-a-fire-rated-door/">fire-rated door</a>, one of the best ways to make an exit easier and more accessible in case of an emergency is to equip your building with exit devices. Sure Lock & Key is ready to tell you everything we know about various exit devices and what they can offer you. So, keep reading to learn more.