What is a revolving door used for
Probably, all of you have seen a revolving door and used one. They're commonly used in malls, office buildings, hospitals and all kinds of other high-rise buildings. These doors are not only aesthetically pleasing, but they are functional as well. They're a perfect option for facilities that many people enter every day. The entry becomes much easier and faster and unlike the hinged doors, revolving doors don't get worn out that easily.
Even though many people might think that this type of door is one of the newer inventions, it appeared at the end of the 19th century in Pennsylvania. Over the years, they were modified a lot and eventually, they came to the form we're all used to. Today, we want to talk more about how this door works and its main pros and cons. Let's dive in.
What is a revolving door
The pros and cons of a revolving door
- First of all, revolving doors allow many people to enter at the same time. They basically let you control the traffic and help to avoid crowding.
- These doors are way more durable than regular hinged doors. That's why they're the most suitable for buildings with a large flow of people.
- A revolving door allows you to reduce the noise inside the building.
- One of the biggest advantages is energy efficiency. These doors control the airflow and they'll prevent the cold air from getting inside the building.
- They require minimal maintenance.
- Their large opening is both an advantage and disadvantage, as it takes up a lot of space.
- Sometimes these doors may be moving too slowly and when they malfunction, a person may get stuck inside.
- Probably their weakest point is security, as they can be easily accessed by anyone. If you want to increase the safety of your building, it might be reasonable to install a security camera. For that purpose, you might need professional security services.
Types of revolving doors
Are revolving doors safe
You may also like
What are exit devices
For any business owner security of their facility is one of the top priorities. Many of them pay a lot of attention to protection from burglars. However, there’s another aspect of security that can’t be neglected. It’s important to prepare your facility for various emergencies that might occur. For example, one of the most common problems many business owners have to deal with is fire. Unfortunately, more than 100,000 fires occur in commercial buildings annually. So, it’s vital to come up with a fire safety plan. One of the first things to take care of is the emergency exit. It’ll help you avoid human casualties. Besides getting a fire-rated door, one of the best ways to make an exit easier and more accessible in case of an emergency is to equip your building with exit devices. Sure Lock & Key is ready to tell you everything we know about various exit devices and what they can offer you. So, keep reading to learn more.
How to choose commercial door locks
When starting a new enterprise, the tendency is to try and take care of everything simultaneously. We understand your desire to greet new customers as soon as possible. Of course, there are so many details to keep in mind, missing something would be natural. There certainly are no unimportant details regarding the security of commercial property and if something is missing it could lead to unpleasant consequences. Maybe not today, not tomorrow, nor this month, but someday in the future, you might regret that you didn’t pay more attention to the security aspects of your workplace. Sure Lock & Key Locksmith and Security with over 35 years of experience, is available to assist in any and all capacities. We have just completed work on a new guide that will be useful even for those who have been in business for many years but have now decided to make some renovations. This guide focuses on how to choose the right locks for commercial doors.