What to do if you can't open your safe
A safe is one of the best ways to protect your most valuable items in your house or office. Today, there are so many options available on the market. You can choose between safes of different sizes and materials. They come with various locks – mechanical or electronic. No matter which type of lock you use, there's always a possibility of it malfunctioning or getting worn out. A safe lockout is not as common as a house lockout, of course, but it's definitely just as serious.
So, today we want to discuss some of the reasons why your safe wouldn't open. Sure Lock & Key has been dealing with issues like that for years. We want to share our knowledge on how to resolve them with you. So, keep reading to learn more.
Reasons your safe won't open
- The most common issue many mechanical safe owners deal with is a lost key. Probably all of us lost our key at least once in our life. So, if there's no spare, you won't be able to open your safe without professional assistance.
- When it comes to digital safes, you may face another problem. A digital lock depends on batteries. So, there's always a possibility they'll get discharged and it'll be impossible to unlock your safe.
- Another reason for your lock to malfunction is if the bolts inside get jammed. Then it'll block the movement of the locking mechanism.
- Many people that use digital locks and forget a combination try to guess it. However, entering a certain number of wrong combinations may lead to a safe lockout. Usually, these locks get blocked after a few unsuccessful tries for security reasons.
- Another issue that might occur with digital locks is code deactivation. Many people are actually not even aware something like that is possible.
- Also, don't exclude the possibility of your wires getting disconnected or damaged. If you want to check if that is the cause of your lock malfunctioning, you can remove the keypad to look at the wires
How to open a safe
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
You may also like
How To Unlock Antique Safe
A vintage safe may be a great addition to your home interior and keep your valuables safe simultaneously. So even old safes can boast a reliable level of protection due to the strong and high-quality materials they are made of. However, sometimes antique safes can cause some inconveniences, such as locking mechanism problems. After all, given the age of the safe, some locks may fail and not work. Or imagine the situation when you moved into a new house and found out there is an antique safe, but there is no key, then what to do in this case and how to not damage the safe and the locking mechanism? Except for calling for <a href="/safe-locksmith/">safe services</a>, you may try to resolve the issue yourself. In this article, we have considered the most efficient ways to unlock the antique safe.
Advantages and disadvantages of digital safes
Since technological advances became part of the security industry, the competition between digital devices and standard types of security, such as locks, keys, and now safes, has become a part of an endless comparison, where every small detail counts. There is a lot of information that you might not find when you research digital safes and their locks, so there are many different questions you might have: How do these mechanisms work? What are their weak points? Are they better than traditional safes? There are many different opinions on this topic, but it’s always best to get your answers directly from reliable sources. If you want to find out more about the functions of digital safes and their advantages and disadvantages, it’s a good idea to ask a professional. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> is a nationwide locksmith company with 35 years of experience. We are ready to provide you with any information about digital safes you might desire.
How Can I Open A Safe Without A Combination
Safes are designed to keep your assets out of reach and if you prefer, out of sight. At Sure Lock & Key, we specialize in safe repair, installation, and, of course, opening, in situations where you can’t open it yourself. There are some helpful hints that you should know with regard to opening a safe when you don’t have the combination… Keep reading!