Advantages and disadvantages of digital safes
Since technological advances became part of the security industry, the competition between digital devices and standard types of security, such as locks, keys, and now safes, has become a part of an endless comparison, where every small detail counts. There is a lot of information that you might not find when you research digital safes and their locks, so there are many different questions you might have: How do these mechanisms work? What are their weak points? Are they better than traditional safes? There are many different opinions on this topic, but it’s always best to get your answers directly from reliable sources. If you want to find out more about the functions of digital safes and their advantages and disadvantages, it’s a good idea to ask a professional. Sure Lock & Key is a nationwide locksmith company with 35 years of experience. We are ready to provide you with any information about digital safes you might desire.
What is a digital safe lock
Advantages of electronic safe lock
- Reliability. This may be a controversial statement, but locks that operate with computers and electronic chips have fewer chances of becoming worn out. Also, they can’t be picked because they simply don’t have a keyhole.
- Easy to use: You just need to press a few buttons on the keypad, and voila, your door opens. Even if you forget the combination, some models are designed to reset an old combination and create a new one.
- Protection from thieves: Criminals constantly monitor progress in the security industry and develop new methods to try to bypass the system. They may use special devices to guess a code and open the safe. However, where is the guarantee that they will get the right code after the first try? After a few unsuccessful attempts, the lock will be blocked. Moreover, if your safe is equipped with a Dual Control mode, thieves will have to deal with two different combinations that may have completely different sequences.
- Total control: As the owner, you have complete control over how you want to use the device. You can change the number of codes, disable some of them, or add new ones. If you have doubts about some individuals who have access to the safe, you can perform an audit to track when the locks were used and who used them. If you have trouble operating your digital home safe, you can always ask the manufacturer or a professional Locksmith if the manufacturer is not reachable, for help.
Disadvantages of electronic safe locks
- Price: Every time people choose between mechanical and digital safes, they compare the prices. Electronic devices are expensive, mostly because of all these chips and mechanisms implemented inside the construction. If you are looking for a brand new digital safe, keep in mind that an average model is approximately $100 more than the mechanical one.
- Battery replacement: As we mentioned above, the keypad in the digital safe runs with a battery. These batteries need to be replaced occasionally. Most safes now have a notification system, so users will get notifications about the battery status. Even if your battery dies, the combination can be restored.
- Poor resistance to water and chemical damage: Safe owners need to be careful while choosing a place for their electronic safes. Even a small amount of liquid (water, soda, chemicals for washing) could cause serious damage. That’s why it’s essential to keep the safe dry and not allow any liquid to get inside the micro schemes.
You may also like
Smart Locks VS. Traditional Locks
There’s still no agreement on which lock is the best. The answer always lies somewhere between “the one which is the most secure”, “the one you prefer” and their respective costs. However, we’re here to provide you with the information about these lock types from a professional point of view so that you can make an intelligent choice. Let’s figure out why getting rid of traditional locks is rather a wise idea and also explain what a smart lock is. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> is here to advise and clarify any questions about locksmithing as well as to provide the professional services as they become necessary!
How to secure your trailer from being stolen
A lot of people use trailers for the transportation of their goods or cargo. This type of vehicle may be pretty easy to steal if you don’t secure it well enough. It is unpowered, so the thief can just attach it to their car. That’s not a situation you might want to deal with. So, the question is, how to secure your trailer from being stolen? There are different ways of protecting your vehicle, for some of them, you will need the help of a professional locksmith. However, there still are ways to secure your trailer by yourself. You can go through thousands of blogs and articles to find out what can be done and what can be improved, but who can guarantee that they contain the correct information? The risk is too high as you could lose your trailer without the option of getting it back. Most owners don't even want to imagine this even as a worst possible scenario. There are several methods to increase a security level, but it's hard to check whether they come from reliable sources. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> assists customers not only with servicing you through our highly trained professionals but also with the valuable information you can use before calling for professional help and also once you have decided that you have no choice and must seek a solution from a registered locksmith. Keep reading!
Can a locksmith make a key fob on the spot
The days when it was so easy to go to your hardware store and get them to copy and cut an inexpensive blank key and Walla you had a new key, are over. Most new cars are equipped with either a push-button start system, a keyless entry system, or both. These modern key fobs are more convenient than old keys, but replacing them may be alot harder and surely a lot more expensive. This is true especially if you don’t know where to start and what options are available. If this describes what you're thinking then welcome to our unique three-decade synopsis of all the changes. Hold on while we speed through all the changes in the locksmith and security industry. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> is always available and happy to help, whether you need a new key fob or the information about what a fob is. So let's quickly examine what a fob is and how it works. Then we will learn how to get our fob replaced, etc.