What is a motion sensor
All of us want to feel safe and secure when we’re at home or work. It’s advisable to provide your property with the best security possible to achieve that. Today, there are various devices out on the market you can choose from. We want to focus on one of them in particular. Motion sensors or motion detectors are an integral part of any security system. Sure Lock & Key knows everything about this device and wants to share our knowledge with you.
As you can suggest from the name, these sensors are designed to detect any movement and transmit the information about it to the control panel. Then it’ll inform the security company or you through an app on your smartphone.
Why do I need a motion detector
Types of Motion Detectors
Choosing a Motion Detector
- If you’re buying all the security system parts separately, ensure that your motion sensors are compatible with your system. Otherwise, they won’t function properly.
- Define the level of sensitivity you’d like your sensors to have. It’s important to decide which size, weight, or temperature the object needs to have to trigger them. So, for example, if you have a pet in your house, the detectors won’t react whenever it’s running around.
- Define whether you want motion detectors that can be integrated into a smart home security system or just want the regular ones.
- It’s really important to decide on the type of sensor you want to use. We described two main types above – ultrasonic sensors and infrared sensors. However, there are other less popular types, like tomographic sensors, vibration sensors, or microwave motion sensors.
- Ensure that you can connect these sensors to an app on your phone to fully control your security system at all times.
- Last but not least, define the price range before choosing all the other features of your motion sensors.
You may also like
What Is The Difference Between DIY And Professionally Installed Security Systems
Do you find yourself having to decide whether to install a security system yourself or opting for a professional installation. The first fact you should consider in achieving clarity on this issue is knowing that logically customers want to save money when installing the system. This is obviously an important factor for everyone. DIY installations are cheaper in the short run but may become more expensive in the long run. So you should be ready to spend a few days on learning the subject, planning the installation, and then the actual scary moments of installation itself. If you have lots of free time and like to learn something new, then this is a wise choice for you. If you’re not confident in your skills and don’t have much spare time, then having a professional do the installation is probably the best option for you. Sure Lock & Key wants to assist their clients by providing all the information they need to make an educated decision. In this post, we will present to you the difference between DIY and Professionally installed security systems which will most importantly include the following questions. Is it worth getting one at all? If yes, then which one is the best for you. Keep reading!
The Best Places To Install Home Security Cameras
Choosing the best places for home security cameras installation is an important task. Your security depends on whether you put them at suitable locations or not. People tend to underestimate lots of details when it comes to security cameras installation. And lots of people try to hide them, making them less visible. But can we be sure that a camera installed to be invisible for others has a good line of sight? Every home has its own features. But what is undeniable is that every home deserves to be totally safe, and you deserve to have an extra pair of eyes to be secure. Sure Lock & Key is here to help you to find the greatest place for your security cameras! Just keep reading.
Home Security System: Pros And Cons
We all know that man’s home is his castle. And surely a castle has to be as secure as possible. We were accustomed to spending more time out of our homes, but the pandemic has changed everything. Today our home is not only a safe haven after a hard day but also our workspace and in some cases even the space for activities. Its role in people’s lives has never been more important. Nowadays we have lots of methods to make our homes even more comfortable and secure. In this blog post, we’re going to speak about home security systems. The reasons why may need it and its advantages. Sure Lock & Key is here to make all of this clear and easy to understand!