What are the pros and cons of a fiberglass door
Whether it's your house or office building, you would want to provide it with the best security possible. One of the first aspects you'll need to take care of is the door you choose for your front entry. There are so many options out on the market today. They are of various shapes and sizes and they can be composed of different materials.
You can always go with a classic wooden door that has been tested with time. However, if you want to enhance the security level and renovate your building in a way you can consider some of the newer door options. One of the materials that have been widely used lately is fiberglass. Today, we want to talk more about the doors made of this material and which advantages and disadvantages they have.
What is a fiberglass door
The pros of a fiberglass door
- One of the biggest benefits of fiberglass doors is their durability. They can withstand various attacks and extreme weather conditions. It is suitable for basically any place, no matter what climate there is.
- These doors don't require a lot of maintenance. They're less likely to rot, crack or mold than doors made of other materials.
- They make your building more energy-efficient because of the insulation they provide. It's way easier to control the temperature levels when you have a fiberglass door.
- A fiberglass door is a great option in terms of appearance as well. Many people love wooden doors because of how they look and a fiberglass door can almost perfectly imitate them.
The cons of a fiberglass door
- If you have a limited budget, this type of door might not be the best option for you. They are considered to be one of the most expensive doors on the market today.
- It's almost impossible to adjust a fiberglass door to the size of your frame. You can't trim or cut these doors.
- This door type requires professional installation and you probably won't be able to save money by not using the assistance of a skilled technician. It's definitely not a DIY option.
You may also like
What kind of lock is best for a sliding door
Sliding doors are the perfect feature to make your house light and attractive. That is because of huge glasses that let the sunshine into your home. Despite the attractiveness and coziness, it is also important to consider security. We can all agree that safety is one of the essential aspects for house owners. As with other doors, the sliding door is also the first thing in the way of a thief to get inside your house. That's why it should be resistant to any attempt of breakage. Sliding doors are mostly made of glass, which makes them quite accessible. So, it is advisable to consider installing a door lock, which will make them safer. However, what type of door lock is better to choose for sliding doors? Let's figure it out together today.
What are wafer locks used for
Probably, all of us are familiar with common locks, like deadbolts, keypad locks, padlocks, etc. However, there are so many lock types that are not as widely used and many people have no idea they even exist. A lock type that is not as common is a wafer lock. It was invented in the 19th century and patented at the beginning of the 20th century. In some way, it is similar to a pin-tumbler lock. However, unlike tumbler locks that consist of many elements, a wafer lock is a one-piece. Wafer locks are mostly used for file cabinets and drawers. Also, you can find this type of lock on a car. Now, let's discuss the working principles and security features of wafer locks.
Burglar-Proofing a Doggy Door
Installing a dog door is not only a whim but also a necessity. That door is a life-saver in situations when you are late but your pet needs to go for a walk. In this case, dog doors are great solutions that will help your pet do their business and preserve your interior. However, how to make this device functional but with no effect on your house's safety? This question is fundamental because objects damaged by a dog or a cat bring less trouble than a thief breaking into a house. Therefore, in this article, we would like to consider ways to make dog doors burglar-proof.