The Reason Why You Should Change the Keypad Code
More and more people choose to use keypad locks over traditional mechanical locks. They are more convenient and offer a higher level of security. You can control who enters your property. You can limit access to certain people.
If you lose a key or someone steals it, it can be easily duplicated and used to get inside your house. However, you don’t have to worry about that if you have a keypad lock. For example, if someone finds out about your code, you can simply change it to a new one. You won’t have to replace or rekey the lock like you would have to do with mechanical ones.
Now, let’s look at the reasons why you might need to change the code on your keypad.
How often should alarm codes be changed
How do you change a keypad code
- The first thing you need to do when you want to change the combination on your code keypad door lock is to enter the programming code. If you’re changing it for the first time, you may use the default code. However, if you’ve changed it before, you’ll need to remember the new programming code.
- After you’ve done that, find a lock button and press it. You’ll hear one beep.
- Before entering the new code, you’ll need to delete the old one. For that, press the button “3” and then the lock button to confirm the action.
- After that, enter the old code you want to delete and press the lock button to finish that action.
- After removing your old access code, you need to enter the programming code once again.
- Then to add a new code, press “1” on the keypad and the lock button. You’ll hear a beep.
- Now it’s time for a new combination. Make sure it’s unique and hard to guess. Enter your new code and press the lock button to confirm it. If everything goes well, you’ll hear two beeps.
- After you’re done with this combination-changing process, don’t forget to check if everything works properly. Try to lock and unlock your door.
If something is wrong and all your attempts have turned out to be useless, don’t hesitate to ask for assistance from a professional.