The difference between common CCTV camera types
CCTV cameras are one of the most popular security devices people choose for their property. First of all, they allow you to monitor what’s going on in your house or office at any time. Many of them are equipped with motion detectors. So, after you connect them to your phone, you’ll receive a notification every time they detect some movement. There are two ways to operate them, one way is to do it yourself. Another way is to hire a professional security company that will monitor your area 24 hours a day. One big advantage of surveillance cameras is that they are a strong burglary deterrent. Most criminals won’t even bother breaking into a house that is equipped with security cameras.
Today, these cameras come in all different shapes and sizes. They offer a wide range of features that suit all kinds of purposes. There are many different CCTV cameras out on the market you can choose from. So, let’s have a look at the most popular types.
What are the types of CCTV security cameras?
- Dome CCTV cameras: Because of their unique shape, these cameras make it hard for anyone to tell exactly which direction they’re pointed at. Also, these cameras provide a 360° view of the surveillance area. Dome cameras are easy to install and vandal-proof. They’re mostly used for commercial purposes in places like shops, restaurants, etc.
- Bullet CCTV cameras: These cameras have a cylindrical shape. They won’t provide a complete view like the dome ones, but they’re perfect for recording images from a long distance. Generally, bullet cameras are used for outdoor monitoring. For this purpose, they are water and weather-resistant. Also, these cameras provide high-quality images.
- C-mount cameras: These cameras are also suitable for outdoor use as they are good for long-distance recording. Also, their appearance makes them visible to criminals, which can work as a deterrent. Another advantage of this type of camera is that they have numerous types of lenses that are used for different purposes.
- Day/night cameras: These cameras provide quality images in all types of lighting. They can capture the surrounding area in the dark and are also not sensitive to strong sunlight.
- PTZ cameras: These cameras can be moved around in different directions. Also, they have a zoom function. PTZ cameras are a perfect choice if you have a security company that monitors your property, as they can operate them remotely.
What is the difference between CCTV cameras?
- IP cameras: These cameras are used for both home and commercial security. The biggest advantage of IP cameras is that you can monitor the footage in real time. These cameras depend on an internet connection, so it’s important to ensure its’ reliability. Also, these cameras have an archive for footage. Cameras with that feature are particularly useful for owners who are frequently away from home or the office, as they allow the owner to monitor the property remotely on a smartphone and view it at their own convenient times.
- Wireless cameras: These cameras are actually quite popular. They’re compact and easy to install. You can move them between locations without professional help. So, if you’re in search of a camera that is compact and won’t take up too much space, this is a perfect option for you.
- HD cameras: As the name suggests, these cameras provide you with footage of the highest quality. This allows you to easily identify anyone who enters your property. If someone, unfortunately, breaks in, HD footage will help police track down the criminal.
Which type of CCTV camera is the best?
You may also like
9 Reasons Why Do You Need Emergency Locksmith Service
Modern life is really busy, so all of us want to make it easier. A locksmith company can always help you in fixing all issues with locks, keys, safes, security, and lots of others. Emergency locksmith services can be a great benefit for you - a technician can reach you anywhere and anytime you need some help.
Do you know how to install cameras in the workspace?
Violation of the workers’ laws may cause serious trouble. It can even ruin a company’s reputation. Nobody wants this. Not ownership, and not employees who need to work. So it would obviously be much wiser to gather all the necessary information to avoid unnecessary problems down the road. It’s much easier to communicate together and reach a compromise. This way trust can be built and the balance between safety and privacy can be established. Both parties can then turn surveillance camera installations into a mutual advantage. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> is ready to help you by explaining how it should be done.
How do home security cameras work
The main reason for using a security camera is to see what’s happening inside your facility and prevent a potential break-in. Whether it’s an office, a house, or an apartment, you have to place all cameras right where they need to be and ensure that all of them work correctly. These are only two of the many details about home or office security cameras. Of course, you can search for the information on your own and try to do everything without someone’s help. However, we can offer you a better option. We want to provide you with a quick yet complete guide on how these cameras work. Sure Lock & Key is happy to assist you anytime a locksmith-related issue or need is ahead of you!