Is it better to have wired or wireless security cameras
One of the ways to provide your house or office with decent security is to install security cameras. First of all, cameras are considered to be one of the strongest crime deterrents. Most criminals avoid houses that are equipped with cameras, as they don’t want to get noticed. Another great advantage security cameras offer you is the remote control.
Today, most cameras can be connected to your phone. You’ll be able to monitor your property from anywhere. Plus, many cameras are equipped with motion sensors and they notify you of any suspicious activity.
However, choosing a security camera now might not be the easiest task. Manufacturers offer so many different options with various features. The main question is which one is better, a wired camera or a wireless one. Let’s discuss the pros and cons of both systems to decide.
What is a wireless home security camera
What is a wired home security camera
Pros and cons of wireless security cameras
Pros and cons of wired security cameras
- These cameras have a stable signal that doesn’t depend on the distance. So, they’re considered to be more reliable and secure. You won’t have to worry about the Wi-fi connection all the time.
- They are not susceptible to hacking, unlike wireless cameras.
- Also, they usually have a higher image quality than wireless cameras.
- The installation process is quite complicated, so you probably won’t be able to complete it yourself. For that purpose, you’ll need to use professional security services.
- Wired cameras are not really convenient in terms of portability. It’ll be really hard to move them to another place. Also, you need to take care of all the wires and decide where to hide them.
- There’s a risk of criminals cutting the wires of your camera.