How to find lost car keys – 3 simple tips
Most likely, many people have encountered a situation where they had their car key lost or misplaced. There are tons of reasons for that - a hole in the bag where the key was, being in a crowded area, or when people automatically put their keys in the wrong place. The reason doesn't really matter. The problem is that when people realize they have lost their keys, they start to panic. The worst possible scenarios go through their heads, and some individuals might already imagine that thieves can steal their vehicles.
That's not how this situation should play out. First, try looking for the lost car keys, maybe you accidentally left them somewhere. If not, then you might consider calling a professional to help you solve the problem. Sure Lock & Key is a reliable locksmith company that supports customers with services, useful tips, and details on this subject. Want to know more about this topic? Please read on.
What to do if you lose your car keys
- Retrace your steps before you lost the keys. Focus on the actions related to your keys. Where did you keep them? When did you take them out last time? Where did you see them?
- Check the last location you were in and every inch of the area, and pay attention to details. Keys are small, so they can blend in with natural objects (for example, rocks).
- Get yourself a key duplicate. An automotive locksmith is the one who can help you with that. All you need to do is make a call, give the technician information about your vehicle, and order two keys. The first one will be the original, and the second one will be the duplicate.
Can you track your car keys
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
What device is best for finding keys
- Tile Mate: With 250 feet of tracking range, this tracker allows users to cover a wide area while searching for the keys. You can also synchronize it with your Smart Home device to make the search easier. The icing on the cake with this particular device is a strong battery that could work for up to three years. However, when the battery runs out of power, you will need to purchase a new device, because there is no replacement option for it.
- Zen Lyfe SwiftFinder Smart Tag: It has an app for smartphones so that you can mark your lost car keys with the "Lost" tag. When the keys are in range of the device, you will get a notification. Moreover, if your friends or relatives have this app installed, you can share the information with them to find the keys faster.
- Tile Pro: A better version of the Tile Mate with a broader tracking range (400 feet instead of 250) and a replaceable battery. This device is water-resistant and has Android and iPhone compatibility.
- Chipolo One Spot: A compact finder that covers up to 200 feet of tracking range, synchronizing with the mobile app and using voice commands from Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri. The replaceable battery runs for up to 2 years and won't get damaged by humidity because of the water-resistant casing. Another advantage of Chipolo One Spot is a feature that provides a 120 dB signal, which makes the search easier.
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
You may also like
Car Key Vs Key Fob
Today, cars aren’t only a means of transportation, to go from one place to another. In a way you can say it’s a lot about independence, comfort, and freedom. In fact, each new invention enhancement seems to accentuate those feelings. Over the years, with vehicles becoming an essential part of our lives, car theft has also become a huge problem in the United States. Thieves have become high tech in their self-education and have turned themselves into masters of their field. They have improved their knowledge to a level of cutting edge in using the newest techniques to enter your car. So we have to be wiser by always being one step ahead. Statistics show that making our cars as safe as possible is a priority and a necessity today.In this blog, we will learn the difference between a car key and a car key fob. We will help guide you in understanding the necessary from the unnecessary. So stay with us as we concisely take you through it.
Car Key Remote And How It Works
Remote keyless access has become a standard feature of every car. One of the side effects of using it every day is that we have come to forget how hard it was to open a car when your hands were full of packages or when it was a real cold winters day. Though the use of remotes have become the norm we still don’t know much about car key remotes? Or keyless access? So we’re going to explain how exactly your car key remote works and what you need to know to make it last as long as possible. Sure Lock & Key is always ready to provide you with information and answers regarding any Locksmith or Security issues.
Car Key Types. What Is The Difference
There’s a huge number of car keys nowadays. And there is an unspoken competition between car keys. Which of them is truly the best? Which one gives you security the owners of the other car keys can only dream of? Sure Lock & Key provides automotive locksmith services for more than 35 years, so we’re no stranger to any car key type that exists. And here we’re sharing this knowledge with you. Keep reading!