House robbery markings
Most thieves who plan to break into a house want to know more about the homeowners’ personal life. They want to know who lives there, when they come and go, whether they have any security measures in place, etc. Another thing they want to know is how well-off the owners are. For this purpose, thieves have created their own unique secret code that they use to pass the information on to each other. This helps them to plan ahead and decide on a course of action for breaking into the house.
Mostly they draw some symbols on doors, garages, or on the facade of a home. So, what do these marks look like? What should you do if you see them on your house? Sure Lock & Key will answer these questions and help you decide on the necessary security measures that need to be taken.
What are house robbery markings?
- Circle: This one means that the house is an easy target. Most likely, it’s not equipped with any security devices.
- Triangle: This sign shows that a woman lives by herself in the house. Thieves target houses like that because they consider women weak and not able to stand up for themselves.
- Barred circle: It warns the thieves that the house has serious security measures, like cameras, an alarm, or a guard dog. So, it’s better not to even try breaking into that house.
- Lines that look like a ladder: That means that they saw some valuable items and that this house is worth breaking into.
- Cross: The owners of the house are religious people.
- Rectangle: This sign means that no one lives in the house.
- Three diagonal lines: This mark says that the house has already been burglarized.
- Also, criminals use letters to mark the best time of the day for a break-in. T – means empty during the day. M – better to break in the morning. N – the house is empty at night. They may combine these letters or add letters that point out the best day of the week for a break-in.
What do burglars use to mark the house?
Where are these burglar signs usually located?
What to do if there are markings outside your house?
You may also like
Making Your Property Safer
Sometimes people think that it’s pointless to make small improvements. Strengthening home or business security might seem an expensive and somewhat complex action. Remember the process does not have to be overbearing. If your goal is to protect your property, you can do it one step at a time. Security upgrades are just so important and the truth is even minor upgrades have a considerable effect in the short and long run. For example, getting yourself a high-security lock may be the most brilliant idea when it comes to your safety. Most pin-tumbler locks, master locks, etc., can be tampered with. This unfortunate feature may make your home attractive to perpetrators. Most professional thieves can recognize different lock types, so they know how well you are protected by only taking a quick look. Let’s take a quick abridged lesson about what high-security locks are and whether you need them. Sure Lock & Key is always ready to give you a hand when challenging locksmith questions appear!
6 Tips That Definitely Will Help You To Maximize Your Home Security And Feel Safer
Everyone wants to be safe and secure in their own house. How often do you think about the burglary when you are out of your house? Afraid that your home may be a target for criminals? One of the most important aspects of any home safety is door locks and keys that work properly. Locksmith company deal with all types of lock and key services, so can easily help you to improve the security! So, let's figure out how one can maximize our home security to feel safer. What can you do to prevent unexpected and tough situations? In this blog post, we propose some easy steps you can use to secure your home effortlessly and efficiently.
Why Is Security Important
Who could have imagined our lives would change so drastically during the last two years? Our homes replaced dozens of the places we used to visit every day. Making your home your castle may be a great idea and you've probably already made some moves in that direction. Including some necessary actions that make your home more protected. However, only an integrated approach is efficient. You may consider using a security audit to find all the breaches and handle all the potential security issues, even those tiny ones. A security audit might be a new concept for you, but it is worth your attention. Sure Lock & Key is more than happy to help you understand what a security audit is, how it works and when you may need it. Please read on…