Everything you need to know about euro cylinder locks
Selecting the most suitable safety measure for your property may be overwhelming, with multiple options available. Yet, euro-cylinder locks might be the best bet if you seek a fail-safe solution for both commercial and personal safety.
Whether you reside in a cozy suburban neighborhood or a bustling urban high-rise, these locks will elevate your protection to the next level. Designed to offer exceptional defense against potential intruders and break-ins, they are a go-to choose for security-conscious owners.
Curious to know more about this lock type and its outmost features?
Sure Lock & Key will guide you through the realm of euro-cylinder locks, providing valuable insights to make an informed decision.
Keep reading this article for more information.
How do euro cylinder locks work?
Types of euro cylinder locks
- Thumb Turn Type: With a thumb-turn mechanism on the inside and a key-operated mechanism on the outside, these locks are ideal for bedroom or bathroom doors. They ensure both privacy and safety, providing seamless functionality.
- Full Euro-Cylinder Lock: This lock hits an excellent balance between convenience and protection, offering seamless access with a key-operated mechanism. Its reliability makes this option a perfect choice for front doors and main entrances.
- Half Euro-Cylinder Lock: With a simple faceplate on one side and a key-operated mechanism on the other, half euro-cylinder locks may be an amazing solution for one-side access doors. This design delivers reliable security while offering smooth functionality.
How secure are euro cylinder locks?
- Anti-Snap Locks: An anti-snap measure allows the key to break off at a specific point while preserving its integrity and proper functionality. Therefore, even after a break-in through snapping, the lock remains functional, providing robust protection against potential intruders.
- Anti-Pick Euro Cylinder: These locks are usually empowered with security pins, mushroom pins, spool pins, or other anti-pick mechanisms that disrupt the traditional pin arrangement, making it difficult for a would-be intruder to align the pins properly.
- Anti-Drill Locks: Designed with special materials, these euro-cylinder locks offer exceptional resistance against drilling attempts. They usually include hardened steel inserts, anti-drill pins, or other anti-drill mechanisms strategically placed within the cylinder.
- Anti-Bump Euro Cylinder: Anti-bump locks include additional safety pins, trap pins, or other means to make illegal access more difficult or impossible. Their design ensures that pins won't align properly even when a bump key is used.
How to choose a euro cylinder lock
You may also like
Ways to make your mailbox more secure
When it comes to security, people usually focus on protecting their home and garage, in fact, really, all of their property. However, physical belongings are only a small part of the equation, as there are various invisible yet valuable losses to consider. What about important information, including personal data, bank statements, credit cards, and letters? Unfortunately, thieves may easily get all this by <a href="/blog/how-to-change-a-mailbox-lock/">robbing your mailbox</a>. The consequences of mail theft extend far beyond missing parcels or letters, usually leading to identity theft, financial loss, and invasion of privacy. Yet taking proactive steps in safeguarding your mailbox may significantly minimize risks, protecting your valuable information. In this blog post, we will learn some practical steps to increase the security of your mailbox, restoring the protection and peace of mind you deserve. Let's dive in!
Methods for opening a door without a keyhole
Life is full of unexpected challenges, and dealing with a jammed lock or finding yourself in a lockout situation might be one of them. These issues are usually both frustrating and time-consuming, requiring quality assistance. However, there are situations when professional services might be unavailable when we need them most. That's where the efficiency of alternative door-opening methods arises. Unlocking a door without a keyhole offers many advantages beyond mere practicality and provides a backup plan for accessing locked spaces swiftly and efficiently. In this article, <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> will empower you with reliable techniques for unlocking doors without a keyhole to save the day, whether it's a misplaced key, malfunctioning lock, or emergency lockout. Let's dive in!
The Advantages of Rekeying the Locks in Your Home
Rekeying Locks is one of the locksmith services that can help you feel much safer in your house. There are a few reasons why you might need it, like when you move to a new house or suspect someone else may have a key to your lock. This service consists of the technician replacing the pins without changing the appearance of the lock. After replacing the pins, the previous key becomes useless because it will not fit the lock. Rekeying locks has many advantages. For example, this is a more cost-effective option for improving security than replacing the locks completely. Also, during rekeying, you can ask your technician to install a master key system, making your life much easier. As well as that's only some of the benefits. Read more about the other advantages of regular rekeying in our blog post.