Car push start button: Pros And Cons
Today there is a wide range of push-button start cars. They're becoming more popular every year, being a convenient solution for drivers. You don't have to worry about carrying the key everywhere around you. However, you may wonder if this type of key is flawless. Why is it better than a traditional one? What about hidden inconveniences? Sure Lock & Key is ready to present you with some pros and cons of the ignition push button to answer these questions. Please, read ahead to learn if it's really worth using.
How do push-to-start systems work
Advantages push-to-start in cars
- The car recognizes the only signal from one fob, making stealing more difficult. It's hard for thieves to copy push-to-start keys. They require a unique code and authentication protocol with your car to start.
- The technology allows a remote start for a car. It may be a wise way to warm up the car without leaving home.
- It's impossible to lock your keys inside the car. The technology can detect if the key is inside the vehicle. Some systems can even start an alarm if you're leaving the fob inside.
- Prevention of car accidents. Your car will stop once you put your foot on the brake.
- Using a push start button is much easier than using a physical key.
Disadvantages of push-to-start in cars
- High price. A smart key car may be expensive for you to purchase and repair.
- If a fob's battery dies, you will find it difficult to get inside and start your car.
- This type of key is more delicate than traditional ones. Dings or drops are more likely to damage them.
Can you add a push button start to a car
You may also like
How can I protect my keyless car keys
A remote key for the car is slowly taking over the classic mechanical key, especially when it comes to newer car models. With this device, you can lock and unlock the vehicle remotely, mute the alarm and start the engine. This key synchronizes with the car’s system, and when you push the button, the device sends a signal on a radio frequency. These keys provide your car with a high level of security. However, they require some care to protect them. There’s always the possibility of someone stealing your key or hacking it. That’s why it’s essential to think ahead and find reliable information that you can use to protect your car keys. Why not ask a professional? Sure Lock & Key helps customers not only with services but also with security tips. So, let’s look at some ways to secure your remote keys for the car.
Your car key battery replacement advisor
At one time or another, every driver finds themselves in a situation where the car key stops functioning. You can try shaking the key, tapping it against your hand, or walking around your car trying to see if the key fob works. This might help only temporarily. In most cases, the reason why your key isn’t working is a because of a discharged battery. This is a common problem for all drivers, which is why it's good to know how to resolve issues like that. Keep reading to learn more about batteries and how to replace them.
What To Do If I Lost My Car Keys And Have No Spare
Have you ever dealt with car key loss? No? That’s strange but nevertheless, our congratulations. Being a locksmith company with considerable experience, we can assure you that car key replacement is the most requested service. So, it’s possible that you’re here because you just have lost your key and need help. Let us provide you with helpful tips on how to solve this problem painlessly and as quickly as possible.