What To Do If I Lost My Car Keys And Have No Spare
Have you ever dealt with car key loss? No? That’s strange but nevertheless, our congratulations. Being a locksmith company with considerable experience, we can assure you that car key replacement is the most requested service. So, it’s possible that you’re here because you just have lost your key and need help. Let us provide you with helpful tips on how to solve this problem painlessly and as quickly as possible.
What To Do If You Lost Your Car Keys
What Type Of Car Keys You Lost?
- A smart key isn’t a key in the traditional sense. They are made to spare you unnecessary fuss with the locks. You don’t even have to put it in the ignition to start a car. Being a technologically advanced device with lots of electronic components, its replacement is a task for a professional locksmith only.
- A remote key, besides starting a car, also unlock and lock it when you’re near your vehicle. Being a complex system, its replacement takes longer, needs special equipment, access to the sources of information accessible only for the licensed locksmiths, appropriate skills, and costs more. This key type can be of different kinds.
- A transponder car key is more advanced than the previous one. Being equipped with the chip in the key handle, this key type seriously decreases the risk of intrusion and theft. If you lose a transponder key, a locksmith needs not only to cut a key but also program it.
- A valet key, obviously, was designed for valets. The list of its functions is limited. Using one like that, you can only lock or unlock your car. Its replacement doesn’t take long and costs less than the previous ones.
- A mechanical or traditional car keys replacement isn’t difficult or pricey. The tech cuts a new key using a standard key blank and cutting machine. These keys are common for older cars.
How Much Does It Cost To Replace A Car Key
How To Get A Replacement Car Key Without The Original
You may also like
What Are Some Basic Locksmith Services ?
Some of the most popular Locksmith services a Professional Locksmith Co. will do include Lock repair, replacement, and installation as well as key making, cutting and duplication. Services incorporate Residential and Commercial Lockout, as well as Automotive locksmith services. Safe repair, installation, and locked out safe-opening are also very popular services . You will find a brief description for each of these services below:
Need locksmith services for either residential, commercial, or automotive purposes?
Car Key Replacement
There are lots of situations when you may need car key replacement. Obviously, none of them can be a pleasant experience. But it’s going to be even more unpleasant if you’re not familiar with the car key replacement process and its details at all. So, let’s figure out when you need it, where you can get car key replacement, how much car key replacement will cost you, what options are available, etc. Being a highly experienced locksmith, Sure Lock & Key has lots of secrets and details to share with you. We’re glad to help you in all possible ways because sharing is caring.