Are expensive locks more secure
It is quite popular to think that the more expensive the device, the better its quality. But is it really so? Does this apply to all our purchases? Well, if we're talking about cars, you're probably more likely to go for a more expensive brand. This is understandable because a car is an important investment that should serve you for many years and you'd want it to ensure safety and comfort. This also applies to door locks. However, it is impossible to say unequivocally that the most expensive lock will be your best choice. After all, in this way, you can only overpay and get an expensive door lock with the same characteristics as a cheaper option. Therefore, it is best to understand this issue and weigh all aspects so that the quality of the selected device corresponds to its price. If you need the services of a professional locksmith who can advise you on which lock to choose and install, then Sure Lock & Key is a great choice! Our company has been in the locksmith and security industry for over 30 years and provides all types of locksmith services you could ever need.
Are expensive locks worth it
- Higher price - better quality. Yes, a higher price can ensure a higher quality of the lock's material and the mechanism itself. In this way, your lock will have a much higher resistance level than a cheap door lock. In addition, even the appearance of a higher-quality and cost-effective door lock can cause thieves to bypass your door.
- Expensive and complex locks look more inaccessible. As mentioned above, even the very appearance of a complex mechanism will make a burglar think twice before choosing the house. Thus, the thief will have to spend more time picking or breaking a complex door lock.
- Any lock can be picked. Yes, regardless of the cost of the door lock, even the most expensive smart lock can be hacked by a thief. Still, the more expensive and complicated the mechanism, the longer it takes to break it down.
What is the most secure locking mechanism
- Keyless entry. That's right, smart locks don't require keys, so you don't have to worry about forgetting them at home or losing them.
- As already mentioned above, keys are not required to unlock smart locks. Some smart locks may use an unlock code or other technology. This ensures a high level of security because a mechanism like this is quite difficult to break.
- Easy to use. In addition, smart locks can be controlled even remotely. This will allow you to access the lock with your smartphone.
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
Which company lock is best for your home
You may also like
6 effective ways to unlock a door without a key
Key loss is probably one of the most common locksmith issues to exist. As a company with years of experience, we deal with it on a daily basis. Usually, we notice that our key is missing only when we're already in front of our locked door. In most cases, situations like that occur at the most inconvenient times. When we're really in a rush and need to resolve the issue immediately. However, not all people are aware of different ways to unlock the door without a key. Actually, it's possible to do that with the help of some things that are at hand. Today, we want to present you with 6 effective ways to unlock the door in case you don't have a key.
The Benefits of an Alarm Padlock
Locks have been around for thousands of years. Although it's impressive, the fact that they haven't given way to other inventions indicates their importance. The only change is development and improvement. Today, locks remain one of the most efficient measures for providing your property with the highest security level. However, not all locks are the same. This time, we would like to talk about one of the most secure ones – a padlock. This type of lock is known for its strong construction and ability to resist break-in attempts. Lately, it has met modern technologies and become even more durable and beneficial. An alarm padlock is a perfect measure to make your property safer and more protected, as it combines the strength of the padlock and an additional feature in the form of an alarm. If it sounds interesting to you, then let's take a look at this device's mechanism and its main advantages below.
What are wafer locks used for
Probably, all of us are familiar with common locks, like deadbolts, keypad locks, padlocks, etc. However, there are so many lock types that are not as widely used and many people have no idea they even exist. A lock type that is not as common is a wafer lock. It was invented in the 19th century and patented at the beginning of the 20th century. In some way, it is similar to a pin-tumbler lock. However, unlike tumbler locks that consist of many elements, a wafer lock is a one-piece. Wafer locks are mostly used for file cabinets and drawers. Also, you can find this type of lock on a car. Now, let's discuss the working principles and security features of wafer locks.