What is the intercom in a house
Today, there are so many security devices you can use to protect your home from burglars or any other threats. You can choose between various lock types – mechanical and electronic ones. Also, you can equip your house with a security system that has cameras, alarms and motion sensors.
Another popular device that is really convenient and pretty affordable is a home intercom. These simple devices allow you to identify your visitors without opening the door. That way, you can avoid unwanted guests. Today we want to talk about various types of home intercoms, how they work and their pros and cons. So, if you want to learn more about this security device, keep reading.
What is a home intercom
Types of home intercom
- One of the most popular types is a wireless intercom system. These devices are small and portable, so you can easily move them if needed. Usually, they provide the signal by using radio frequency.
- Another type that is commonly used is a wired intercom. So, the hardware that is on the outside is connected to the part that is inside with the help of wires. Usually, this type is more expensive than the wireless one, but it’s considered to be more reliable. However, it requires professional installation, so you might need to use security services.
- Also, there’s a video intercom. As you can understand from the name, this type of intercom is equipped with a camera on the outside and a screen on the inside. So, you’ll be able to see your visitors without opening the door.
- An audio intercom system is not as common now, as many people prefer ones with cameras. These systems allow you to communicate with your visitors, but you can’t see them.
- The newest type is a smart intercom system that can be controlled through an app on your smartphone.
Benefits of home intercom
- As we have already mentioned, it increases your security level. If it is equipped with a camera, you can always check who is at your front door. Also, you can control the situation remotely if you install a smart home intercom.
- This device can be used inside the house as well to communicate with other residents. For example, if you have someone with limited mobility, you don’t have to go to their room any time they need something.
- An intercom may act as a crime deterrent. Criminals might want to avoid houses with intercoms, especially if they’re equipped with cameras.
- These devices are not really expensive. So, if you can’t afford a security system, a home intercom might be a great option.
How to choose the right home intercom
You may also like
Can you put a smart lock on a gate
When it comes to home security, the first point is your gate area. Anyone who would like to come inside has to go through it. So, logically, we want this area to be entirely secured. Every day the number of people who choose smart locks for their gates increases. Why? Besides the higher security level, these locks give you an opportunity to control the access of certain people to your property remotely. This is very logical as well as convenient, especially if we talk about commercial gates. Over the years of extensive experience, we at <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> have worked with thousands of different locks. Those that are older than the most modern and advanced types of locks. We would like to share our knowledge so that you can easily decide if you need a smart gate lock and what the benefits will be.
Tips for single living: Home security
Living alone can give you a lot of freedom - you can live any way you want. However, you’re also the only one responsible for your home security and personal safety. If you don’t have a roommate that can back you up in an emergency, you may need other kinds of support. Moving out of the family home and learning to live on your own can be challenging. Make sure you don’t get caught off guard by using these ten proactive solutions to ensure your safety in your home. The following tips on living alone for the first time can help ease the transition from living together with others to managing on your own. Everyone deserves to feel safe in their home. That’s why you might consider installing security for your home. Asking for the help of a professional is probably the most intelligent decision you can make. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> is ready to help you make your home a safer place.
The Best Places To Install Home Security Cameras
Choosing the best places for home security cameras installation is an important task. Your security depends on whether you put them at suitable locations or not. People tend to underestimate lots of details when it comes to security cameras installation. And lots of people try to hide them, making them less visible. But can we be sure that a camera installed to be invisible for others has a good line of sight? Every home has its own features. But what is undeniable is that every home deserves to be totally safe, and you deserve to have an extra pair of eyes to be secure. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> is here to help you to find the greatest place for your security cameras! Just keep reading.