What Causes a Car Door Lock to Malfunction
Breakdowns always cause a lot of inconvenience and unnecessary worries. That also applies to the breakdown of car door locks. It's pretty frustrating to find you can't open your car when you're rushing to work in the morning. However, there is a way out, even in a situation like this. In our article, we considered the most popular reasons why the lock on the machine door may not work. In addition, we have also listed some ways to quickly and independently solve this problem. If you need qualified locksmith help, you may always contact our company! Sure Lock & Key provides all types of mobile locksmith services at any time!
3 Reasons Why Car Door Locked
- A car door lock is damaged. One of the most common reasons you can't open your car door is the mechanical failure of the lock. Thus, door lock failures can occur due to rusty or deformed parts or stuck door latches. Another reason may be poor-quality or worn parts.
- Worn car keys. Over time, your car keys might wear out and become malfunctioning. Thus, not only will you not be able to open the door of your car, but you will also damage the lock of your car door. This, in turn, can lead to more serious breakdowns.
- A defective key fob. Also, the reason why you can't unlock your car door might be your key fob is malfunctioning or a battery is dead. Therefore, you can solve this problem by charging the key fob battery or contacting a professional locksmith for repairs.
How do you fix a car door locking mechanism
- First of all, check your key fob and battery. If you only need to charge or replace the battery in the key fob, then, of course, you can do it yourself. However, if the problem is more serious, it’s advisable to contact a locksmith company.
- Check the electrical wiring of your car. Perhaps the problem can only be solved by replacing the wire or the blown fuse. Also, the cause of the breakdown may be a broken solenoid. In this case, it is better to contact a professional locksmith.
- Lubricate the machine door locks. If one of the locks moves with difficulty or the key gets stuck in them during use, then try to lubricate the lock with a special lubricant.
- If it’s cold outside, check whether the locks are not frozen. If you don't keep your car in the garage, your locks might freeze. To solve this problem, try to heat them.
How do I know if my car door lock actuator is broken
How do I reset my car door lock
You may also like
What Can I Do If I Lock My Keys In The Car
Do you know that terrible feeling when you realize that your keys are in the car, and you’re not? You’re trying to open the car, but it’s too late. It’s already got locked. The situation is millions of times worse if your kid or dog is inside. You have to stay cold-blooded, don’t panic. There still are a couple of things you can try even if you’re not a professional locksmith. And here we’re going to share them with you because Sure Lock & Key! wants you to stay safe!
Car Key Types. What Is The Difference
There’s a huge number of car keys nowadays. And there is an unspoken competition between car keys. Which of them is truly the best? Which one gives you security the owners of the other car keys can only dream of? Sure Lock & Key provides automotive locksmith services for more than 35 years, so we’re no stranger to any car key type that exists. And here we’re sharing this knowledge with you. Keep reading!
Can I Unlock My Car Via My Smartphone
Do you use your phone to pay in stores? Do you know that you can also use it to lock/unlock your car? One may think that this is insane, but believe us, digital car keys will probably become the primary type of keys in the near future. Sure Lock & Key is a locksmith company with over 35 years of experience in the Locksmith and Security industry. We’ve seen the change from mechanical keys to keys with chips. Then we experienced the appearance of smart keys and now we believe the next big boy on the block, when it comes to key types, will be digital car keys. Sure Lock & Key is always ready to give you a hand when some hard locksmith-related questions appear. So, keep reading. All the answers are below!