Things you need to know when choosing a wall safe
You probably have some valuable items in your home that you would like to protect. Storing your important documents, money and jewelry in a drawer is not the best idea because that is the first place thieves check when they break in. That’s why investing in a safe is an intelligent decision.
Most criminals don't want to spend too much time in your home, as they don’t want to take a chance of being caught. They usually look for things that are visible and easy to take. Opening a safe without knowing the combination is a time-consuming process, and most criminals won’t even bother trying. Safes protect your valuables not only from thieves but from any other external damage as well.
There are many different types of safes to choose from. One of the most popular and secure options is an in-wall safe. These safes are easy to access but not easy for burglars to find. Also, wall safes are a great option if you don’t want an unsightly metal box in the middle of your house.
However, there are a few things you need to know when choosing a wall safe. Keep reading to learn more.
What should I look for when buying a safe
- First of all, you need to define the purpose of your safe. Do you want to use it for your documents, jewelry, guns, or any other valuables?
- After you’ve decided what the safe will be for, you also need to think about the size and capacity of the safe, especially if you’re planning to use an in-wall safe. How to put a safe in the wall if the safe is too big and won't fit? That's why before choosing the safe, it’s important to measure everything properly.
- Decide on the location where you want to install your safe: The best places for the in-wall safe are the ones that will conceal it. For example, you can put it in a closet, behind a painting, behind a bookshelf, etc.
- Take the installation process into account: You’ll need to mount the safe inside the wall, so first, check if your walls are suitable for that purpose. Are they thick enough to withstand the weight of the safe?
- One of the main purposes of any safe is to secure your valuables from thieves: Before purchasing a safe, check its burglary rating. The higher the rating, the longer the safe can withstand a burglary attack.
- Don’t forget about the fire rating: It defines how long each safe will be able to withstand fire and protect your valuables.
- After you have decided on the type of safe you want, it’s time to choose a lock for it. You can use a mechanical combination lock with a dial. You can also use a digital lock with a keypad or biometrics scanner. Both of them are very easy to use. You just need to press a few buttons or scan your finger to open the door. To resolve any problems with your safe lock, you can always use professional safe locksmith services.
How do I choose a safe size
What is a good fire rating for a safe
You may also like
How To Choose The Best Safe For Home
Not so simple. Choosing a safe today is substantially different than it was anytime through history. It really is not just different, it's quite difficult. Why? Simply because the technology has changed and totally elongated how and what a safe can be used for. The whole format, options, design and placement strategies have made the answer to this question very difficult. However, <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> believes that a safe, today, is truly a magnificent item that will give you more peace of mind than ever before. We don’t want the hard choice to stop people from getting one. That’s why we have put together this short but comprehensive explanation about the different types of safe locks to help you choose a home safe. Let’s take a look!
The Best Possible Safe
When buying a safe, like anything else, we want to get the maximum deal. Safes can be quite complicated. It may be hard to find a safe that can cover all your needs simply because the slightest detail might change the entire choice of a particular safe. Let's just say that a perfect safe for your friend’s needs may be totally useless for yours. Another obstacle is that there are so many safes on the market today that you will need to spend a lot of time understanding their advantages, disadvantages, functions, features, etc. That’s why we prepared a guide to help you find the best safe for your present needs. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> is happy to help by making your complex decisions easier! If you have the time, keep reading and we will try our hardest to reach the answers you seek!