Security Differences Between Pin pad and Key Fob Entry
We agree that protecting our property from any external threats is extremely important. There are many tools and devices you can use for that purpose. However, the first and most important thing to consider is the type of lock you choose for your doors. Front and back doors are the main entry points for criminals.
Today, more and more people choose keyless locks over classical mechanical key locks. There are different types of keyless entry systems – key fobs, pin pads, key cards, biometrics, etc. All of them provide your building with a high level of security. They allow you to limit access to your property and avoid unwanted visitors. Another advantage of these locks is that they can’t be picked.
So, the main question is, which keyless system is the most secure? Sure Lock & Key has years of experience in the security industry and we’ll tell you everything we know about keyless security systems.
Are fobs more secure than keys
What type of security is a key fob
What is the difference between a key card and a key fob
Is keyless entry safe for home
- First, when you’re using keyless entry, you can forget about carrying a massive bundle of keys everywhere you go. No more risks of losing your key or someone stealing it.
- For home usage, most people choose systems with pin pads. They’re super easy to use. You just need to enter the combination to unlock the door.
- These locks are impossible to pick as they don’t have a keyhole. So, it eliminates one more security risk.
- Another advantage of a keyless entry system is that you can control who can access your house. You can add people to the system or delete them.
- Most of these systems can be connected to your phone through a special application. So, you can monitor who enters your house, as you’ll receive a notification every time someone tries to open the door.