How to install a floor safe
Are you looking for ways to secure your valuables? Sometimes even the best locks can’t keep the burglar out of your property. In cases like that, it’s important to provide extra security for the most precious items you have. More and more people choose to use safes for that purpose. Once one has decided that a safe is a necessary purchase the next step is to review then decide which type of safe is the best for your particular need? As you are searching different types of safes you will also find in-floor safes. This type of safe is in a way the king of safes. It may be the safest, largest and most protected of all the safes. If this sounds like the type of protection you are seeking then this safe is the perfect option for you. In-floor safes are almost impossible to find and extremely hard to break, being protected from all directions but one. These safes come in different shapes and sizes, so you can hide anything from documents to musical instruments. If you want to find out more about safes and how to install them, Sure Lock & Key is ready to help. After all this is what we do and we love what we do. So first let’s learn more about floor safes… Let’s dive in!
High security of floor safes
Preparation for safe installation
Safe installation DIY
- Protect your safe from any kind of damage the installation process may cause. Find something to cover it with so it won’t get all dusted and scratched.
- Be sure to measure everything up. Put some marks on the floor where you decided to install your safe.
- Make some holes in the safe so it will be easier to mount it.
- Now it’s time to cut out the space for your safe. Pick a tool that is the most convenient for you. You may use a hammer drill, rotary hammer, jackhammer, etc. After you choose the instrument, start digging.
- Put your safe box in the hole to see if it fits in. The doors should be on the same level as the floor. Make sure to leave some extra space for the concrete on the sides.
- After the fitting, drill some holes in the floor for mounting. Then clean everything out, all the dust and broken or unnecessary pieces of concrete. Put the safe inside and make sure it’s in the center. Now mount your safe with some bolts.
- Your safe is inside and now it’s time for the final touches. Start filling all of the empty spaces with concrete. After you’re done, leave it to sit for 48 hours so that it can solidify.
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
You may also like
How To Choose The Best Safe For Home
Not so simple. Choosing a safe today is substantially different than it was anytime through history. It really is not just different, it's quite difficult. Why? Simply because the technology has changed and totally elongated how and what a safe can be used for. The whole format, options, design and placement strategies have made the answer to this question very difficult. However, <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> believes that a safe, today, is truly a magnificent item that will give you more peace of mind than ever before. We don’t want the hard choice to stop people from getting one. That’s why we have put together this short but comprehensive explanation about the different types of safe locks to help you choose a home safe. Let’s take a look!
How Can I Open A Safe Without A Combination
Safes are designed to keep your assets out of reach and if you prefer, out of sight. At Sure Lock & Key, we specialize in safe repair, installation, and, of course, opening, in situations where you can’t open it yourself. There are some helpful hints that you should know with regard to opening a safe when you don’t have the combination… Keep reading!
Why You Should Invest In A Safe
Even though safes have become common, many people still don’t trust them or don’t think they have genuine advantages for residential use. To be ready and protected, we need to implement a wide range of security solutions. And to make your home as safe as possible, you need to start somewhere. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> recommends you invest in a safe first. Let’s check why it’s so important to have a safe for your precious assets. Let’s see why you should get yourself one!