All About Proximity Access Control Systems
Crime rates are constantly growing as intruders always come up with many new ways to break inside your property. Today, business owners are looking for various ways to avoid that and protect their buildings from criminals.
They use all kinds of alarms, surveillance cameras and different detectors, as these devices give you the ability to control your area and they usually act as a strong crime deterrent. Another security measure that is widely used is an access control system. They come in different configurations and complexity. Today, we want to discuss proximity access control systems in more detail.
How Does Proximity Access Control Work?
- Identification. Through different credentials, like ID cards, biometrics, codes, passwords, etc. the system establishes the identity of a person that is requesting access.
- Authentication. The next step after the access control system identifies the person is the authentication process. Here this device validates the credentials provided.
- Authorization. When the control system defines that the person who requested access is authorized and after it approves the individual's identity, that person receives access to certain areas or resources.
- Monitoring. This process includes tracking all the activity, whether it was successful or not. Moreover, some of these systems are combined with cameras, detectors and alarms that enhance the security level and make the monitoring process easier.
Types of Proximity Readers
- RFID readers are the ones that use radio frequency for identification. In order to activate them, a card or fob with a unique identifier inside has to be used.
- Magnetic stripe readers are also quite common in various buildings. These systems are activated by a card with a magnetic stripe that has the required data encoded in it.
- Biometric readers are one of the newest technological devices. They need some kind of biometrics to get activated, like fingerprint, iris scanning, face recognition, etc.
- NFC proximity readers are similar to the first type, as they also require a card or fob to be accessed. This system can be compatible with a wide range of devices.
Pros of proximity access control
Cons of proximity access control
Is a proximity access control system right for you?
- Security requirements;
- Size and complexity of the facility;
- Integration with existing systems;
- Operational requirements;
- Risk tolerance and compliance;
You may also like
The top 5 home security cameras of 2023: A review
Choosing the right devices to provide your house or property with a required safety level can easily become tense. It is not a surprise, as the security market nowadays is overfilled with innovative gadgets that greatly impress with their functionality. Still, one device is unquestionably one of the most useful and efficient for every homeowner - a home security camera. Thanks to this small yet helpful tool, you can control the security situation around your property, as well as in your house. In addition, this modern device also allows you to manage safety conditions anytime you need it and from every distance you may be. To achieve this, it is enough to connect your home security camera to your smartphone so you will be able to check all the points in your property you may need. Still, there are a lot of aspects that are better to take into account when purchasing a home security camera if you want it to cover all of your needs. Thus, you may deal with the necessity to choose from different functions, modifications and other characteristics, so to clarify the task, we have listed the top-5 home security cameras below. Keep reading to learn more!
Different types of access control systems
Without any doubt, security is a top priority for any enterprise or organization. Thankfully, today, there are a variety of security devices on the market that can be used for that purpose. Besides surveillance cameras and alarms, there's another extremely effective measure. Any business has certain areas in their buildings that have to be restricted. To achieve that, you may equip your office with an access control system. It'll allow you to grant access only to authorized personnel. There are so many types of access control systems with different protocols you can choose from. Sure Lock & Key has been working in the security industry for years and we want to share our knowledge about these systems with you.
How do I connect my security camera to my phone
Today, more and more people are considering installing surveillance cameras to enhance the level of their home security. As a locksmith and security company with extensive experience, Sure Lock & Key has seen home security developing and advancing over the years. Luckily, today the security devices market has myriads of options for every budget, so you won't have problems choosing the best one just for you. If you eventually decided to satisfy your need for home safety, purchased and installed some security cameras, we're more than happy! The only thing left is to link the cameras to your phone so that you can easily track the situation when you're away. In the article below, we shared how to do it yourself. However, if you bought a camera and need assistance with installation, feel free to use professional security services.