Morris is located in Litchfield County and is named after the Revolutionary War soldier James Morris. An interesting fact – settled in 1723 it was incorporated as a separate town only in 1859. During the early years of Morris, it was a farming community with more than 10,400 acres of fields for the needs of farmers. During the Revolutionary War, Morris opened the doors for quarter patriots who traveled from the towns of New England to New York to join battles. The total area of Morris is 48,5 square kilometers, with a total population of 2,256 people. The town is home to Bantam Lake, the state’s largest natural lake.