What's better, dome or bullet cameras
We can all agree that the security of your building, whether it’s a house or an office, is extremely important. Today, there are so many different tools and devices that can help you enhance your security level. One of the most popular options is CCTV cameras. These devices allow you to monitor your property 24/7. Many of them can be connected directly to your smartphone, so you can easily look at what’s going on inside your building from anywhere. Plus, most cameras are now equipped with motion detectors, so they notify you about any suspicious activity.
However, choosing the best camera for your needs might not be the easiest task, considering the number of options available. So, to make the decision a bit easier for you, we created a little guide on the two most popular camera types – bullet cameras and dome cameras. Keep reading to learn more about both options.
What are bullet cameras
- Bullet cameras are really easy to install, as they have a handle that can be used for mounting. Also, they can be easily repositioned.
- These cameras are perfect for outdoors, as they have a cover over their lens that makes them weatherproof. Bullet cameras are quite bulky, so they are quite noticeable. That makes them a strong crime deterrent.
- Bullet cameras are equipped with infrared vision. So, even late at night, you’ll receive an image of the highest quality.
What are dome cameras
- Dome cameras are pretty small, so it’s easy to find a location to install them. You can blend them in with the environment and make them kind of invisible.
- They are designed to be installed on a ceiling and they allow to cover a wide area, as dome cameras can rotate 360º.
- They are resistant to bad weather conditions and vandalism. Dome cameras can’t be dismantled without professional tools.
- Also, dome cameras provide night vision and high resolution, so you’ll have a high-quality image.
Main difference between bullet and dome cameras
- First of all, even though both cameras can be used both inside and outside, dome cameras are mostly installed inside the buildings and bullet ones are installed in outer spaces.
- The installation process of dome cameras is more complicated than with bullet cameras, so you might need professional security services to complete this task.
- Bullet cameras provide a longer range than dome cameras. However, dome cameras can fully rotate.
- Another obvious difference is the size and shape. Dome cameras are way smaller than bullet ones.
Which one to choose
- So, for example, if you want to cover a large area, it’s better to use a bullet camera.
- However, if you need a wide angle, consider getting a dome camera.
- If you want your camera not to be visible, then you’ll need a dome camera, as bullet cameras are quite bulky.
- If you live in an area with poor weather conditions, it’s better to get a bullet camera.