What you Need to Know Before Buying a Safe For Your Workplace
Buying a safe for your office may really be a good decision to solve many security issues. However, to make the right choice, you need to analyze several aspects. First, you should determine why you need an office safe and what needs it should cover. Do you want to purchase a safe for storing personal belongings? Or maybe you need it for confidential documents, money, or securities? Based on this information, you will be able to understand what functionality the safe should have. That is, how resistant to break-ins should your office safe be? Does it have to be fireproof? What size should the safe be? Do you need additional services from an insurance company to protect your safe? All these factors are important to consider before buying. We also recommend you think about the location of the safe in the office because it plays a big role in ensuring the safety of your belongings. We investigated these and other questions in this article. So read on to learn all the intricacies of choosing an office safe!
Are All Safes Secure
- Manual safe lock. That is the most common type of lock used by safe manufacturers. It is equipped with a lock that can be opened with a key. That type of lock is solid and reliable and is ideal if you often get confused or can't remember digital combinations. A manual safe lock is a perfect choice for a small office safe that is used by a small number of workers.
- Electronic safe lock. Modern digital locks are ideal for both small businesses and large enterprises. Electronic lock manufacturers now have a wide variety of functions that can meet any of your needs, including time delay features, courier overrides, 100+ user programming, and even an audit log. You can usually access a safe with an electronic lock by entering the correct 6-digit code.
- Combination safe lock. Another popular and fairly reliable lock that uses a code combination to open. You can choose a lock with 3 or 4-wheel locking, which is responsible for the number of possible combinations. This type of lock allows you to create more than a million code combinations, which makes it quite difficult to gain access to such a safe.
- Biometric safe lock. One of the most secure types of lock that uses your unique fingerprint to access the safe. Thus, the biometric lock scans the fingerprint and transmits the information to an electrical device that stores the necessary data for verification. This type of lock allows you not to worry if you forget to take the key or cannot remember the access code.
Are All Safes Fire Resistant
Where to Place the Safe in Workplace
- Built-in safes. The best choice if you want to make your safe hidden and invisible to outsiders. These safes are not too large in size and are fixed inside the wall or floor. One of the few disadvantages of this safe is the size limitation. However, a built-in safe is a good solution if the break-in resistance of a safe like this is not very high.
- Floor safe. One of the best office safes that provides a high level of security and has a large capacity. These safes are attached to walls and floors and are quite heavy, which makes it impossible to steal such a safe. Also, this safe can be disguised under furniture.
- Mobile safe. The lightest and most compact type of safe. They are equipped with a high level of security. This type includes cash boxes, car and furniture safes. However, their main disadvantage is the possibility of theft.
You may also like
The Best Possible Safe
When buying a safe, like anything else, we want to get the maximum deal. Safes can be quite complicated. It may be hard to find a safe that can cover all your needs simply because the slightest detail might change the entire choice of a particular safe. Let's just say that a perfect safe for your friend’s needs may be totally useless for yours. Another obstacle is that there are so many safes on the market today that you will need to spend a lot of time understanding their advantages, disadvantages, functions, features, etc. That’s why we prepared a guide to help you find the best safe for your present needs. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> is happy to help by making your complex decisions easier! If you have the time, keep reading and we will try our hardest to reach the answers you seek!
Safe Fire Ratings Importance
Notes like “UL”, “JIS”, “30 min” for the new safe you’re checking might be not helpful at all if you have no clue what they mean. Let’s make all these safe fire ratings clear so you will be able to choose the safe perfect for you. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> is always here to help whenever you need professional advice or safe installation itself!
Why You Should Invest In A Safe
Even though safes have become common, many people still don’t trust them or don’t think they have genuine advantages for residential use. To be ready and protected, we need to implement a wide range of security solutions. And to make your home as safe as possible, you need to start somewhere. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> recommends you invest in a safe first. Let’s check why it’s so important to have a safe for your precious assets. Let’s see why you should get yourself one!