What Is A Hasp Lock
Probably, each of us has used or seen a hasp lock at least once in our lives, but only some would know what it’s called. How do I know if I use a hasp lock? A hasp is a flat metal plate with a loop through which the lock goes in. Basically, it is a metal plate with notches that fits over the hinge before the pin that closes the door is inserted into the hinge. However, there’s more to know about hasp locks. We’re happy to share our knowledge and experience with those who need them to understand how locks work, how to maintain them and, more importantly, how to use them correctly. So, let’s take a closer look at hasp locks, so next time you hear this name or see one of them, you won’t be surprised.
What is hasp used for
How do you install a door with hasps
- Use a tape measure to determine the point on a door where you want to install the lock.
- Try the hasp latching arm and the hasp loop on the front of the door. Move the latch away from the hinge and make marks for the screws that must be drilled.
- Attach the latch hinge to the door with screws using a screwdriver.
- Make sure the hinge flap fits the swing arm in the open and closed positions. To do this, hold the hasp's swing arm in place. Make marks for the screw holes on the door.
- Attach the swing arm to the door with screws.
- Make sure the hasp swing arm closes over the loop smoothly.
- Everything works? Congratulate yourself, you did a great job! If something is wrong, give us a call and we will quickly fix it.
How to pick a hasp lock
- Insert the screwdriver's tip into the lock slot and reach into the lock barrel. If you cannot do this with a screwdriver, use a metal paper clip or a bobby pin.
- Shake the screwdriver or paper clip until you open the lock. For the lock to open, it is necessary to align the locking pins. To do this, insert and remove the screwdriver while turning the handle at different angles to align more pins.
- Continue to shake the lock until you hit all the tumblers, allowing you to open the lock. That may take some time. If you cannot open the lock, you may try to knock it out with a hammer. However, we do not recommend doing this if you are in public. Even if you’re the legal owner, questions might arise.