What Is A Hasp Lock
Probably, each of us has used or seen a hasp lock at least once in our lives, but only some would know what it’s called. How do I know if I use a hasp lock? A hasp is a flat metal plate with a loop through which the lock goes in. Basically, it is a metal plate with notches that fits over the hinge before the pin that closes the door is inserted into the hinge. However, there’s more to know about hasp locks. We’re happy to share our knowledge and experience with those who need them to understand how locks work, how to maintain them and, more importantly, how to use them correctly. So, let’s take a closer look at hasp locks, so next time you hear this name or see one of them, you won’t be surprised.
What is hasp used for
How do you install a door with hasps
- Use a tape measure to determine the point on a door where you want to install the lock.
- Try the hasp latching arm and the hasp loop on the front of the door. Move the latch away from the hinge and make marks for the screws that must be drilled.
- Attach the latch hinge to the door with screws using a screwdriver.
- Make sure the hinge flap fits the swing arm in the open and closed positions. To do this, hold the hasp's swing arm in place. Make marks for the screw holes on the door.
- Attach the swing arm to the door with screws.
- Make sure the hasp swing arm closes over the loop smoothly.
- Everything works? Congratulate yourself, you did a great job! If something is wrong, give us a call and we will quickly fix it.
How to pick a hasp lock
- Insert the screwdriver's tip into the lock slot and reach into the lock barrel. If you cannot do this with a screwdriver, use a metal paper clip or a bobby pin.
- Shake the screwdriver or paper clip until you open the lock. For the lock to open, it is necessary to align the locking pins. To do this, insert and remove the screwdriver while turning the handle at different angles to align more pins.
- Continue to shake the lock until you hit all the tumblers, allowing you to open the lock. That may take some time. If you cannot open the lock, you may try to knock it out with a hammer. However, we do not recommend doing this if you are in public. Even if you’re the legal owner, questions might arise.
You may also like
Can A Locksmith Make A New Key Just From The Lock
There are lots of methods to make a new key. And depending on your case, a locksmith will choose the best one. Very often our customers face the situation where they need to get a new key just from the lock. It’s more complicated than usual duplication, but still possible and easily accessible if the locksmith knows what to do. Sure Lock & Key is always here whether you need a new key or the information on how to need it!
I Lost My Mailbox Key How Can I Open It
"I lost my mailbox key. How can I open it?" This is definitely a problem and a burning question especially if it happens to you because chances are you need immediate access. The good news is that there are many options. If you have a mailbox that is part of a cluster, you may be able to get new mailbox keys quickly. However, it may happen that you’re the owner and no institution is in charge of your mailbox condition and functionality. What then? Sure Lock & Key wants to help our clients as well as potential new clients by providing tips that will work for your particular situation. This way you won’t need to concoct something new on your own. If you find this potentially helpful then let’s continue!
How To Pick a Tubular Lock
Tubular locks are often found on small gun safes, vending machines, computer locks, etc. They are high-security locks designed to make burglary difficult. The pins are arranged in a circle, and the key is a tube-shaped product with cuts on the outside. They are far away from a traditional lock look. You can always ask a professional locksmith to open any lock for you. However, there are various situations in life, and sometimes you might need to open the tubular lock yourself. That's why we found a way to make it happen, so if you are interested, read on!