All about master key systems
Are you a CEO of a large IT company and are thinking about what kind of key system to install in your office? Or are you an employee of the company and want to offer your boss a comfortable and convenient solution to the problem with keys? Then you may want to learn more about what a master key system is. This system will allow you to no longer worry about dozens of keys for different rooms. With this system, each employee will have one key that will open any door they're granted access to. It's very convenient. So, to learn about all the benefits of the master key system, keep reading.
What is a master key system
Master key levels
- Great Grand Master Key - this is the highest access level of the key system. This key is usually used when you need to access several different objects. It is best to have this access for only one or two people in your company. It will provide an increased level of security.
- Grand Master Key is the next level of access. It has more features than a standard master key. However, such a key should also be made only for a few people – for example, deputy chief executives or other authorized persons.
- Master Key - the owner of this type of key can open all locks “under it.” In other words, it can be managers of individual facilities with access to all premises inside their facility.
- User Key – this is a regular key that every company employee has. Usually, such keys open only one entrance door.
Advantages of master key systems
- Increased security. Since the master key system allows you to provide different levels of access to different employees, it significantly increases the security of the office space.
- Convenience and ease of access. Without any doubt, carrying one key instead of a whole bundle is very convenient.
- Higher level of control. This type of key system significantly increases the level of control because such keys cannot be duplicated anywhere except at the manufacturer of the master key system. Also, tracking who has access to which premises is easier, and it is easier to identify those involved in a break-in or theft.
What you should pay attention to when switching to a master key system
- Key Restrictions. Such keys can be of limited or open profile. Here we mean both the uniqueness of the key and access to it. It's best to make keys with a limited profile – this will add another layer of security.
- Holders Of the Master Key. It is important to consider who will own the master key. Clearly define the number of them in your system and the level of access to each.
- Key Identification. It is necessary to keep track of the keys compatible with individual locks. Setting up a color-coding system to identify each key level is best.
You may also like
What is an IC lock
Interchangeable locks, also called IC locks, are widely used in commercial buildings. However, many people might not be familiar with this mechanism. Today, there are so many different lock types out on the market, so it might be quite hard to keep up with all the inventions. So, we want to tell you more about this particular lock type, how it works and what advantages it has over standard locks. Basically, this type of lock has an interchangeable core which has the shape of the number 8. As you can suggest from the name, the main feature of this lock is that a cylinder can be easily changed if needed. To complete this process, you'll need a control key. You can either do it yourself or use professional assistance.
What are the 7 types of locks
Our world is full of dangers, so it's essential to protect yourself, the people you love and the things you value the most. Whether it's your home security or office security, it should be one of your top priorities. Thankfully, today the security industry has so much to offer. There are various tools and devices out on the market that can help you make your property safer. More and more people equip their houses with security systems that have various detectors, cameras and alarms. These systems are a great way to enhance safety, but they might become useless if you don't have qualitative and functional locks. They are the base without which even the most technically advanced security device won't be as effective as it could. So, today we would like to talk about different locks you can use for your house or office. We created a little guide about the 7 most widely used locks and we hope you'll find it helpful.
What is a TSA lock
Many people have no idea what TSA locks are, even though probably most of them have these locks on their luggage suitcases. So, let’s learn more about them and the benefits they can offer you. Being a locksmith company with almost four decades of experience, Sure Lock & Key knows everything about all kinds of locks and we want to share our knowledge with you. So, TSA is a short form for Transportation Security Administration which is a government agency in the United States that specializes in airport security. TSA-approved luggage locks are supposed to have a Travel Sentry logo on them. These locks can be opened by airport security, as they have a master key for them. Any other regular luggage lock will be cut or broken if they need to examine your luggage. So, these locks not only protect your belongings but also meet all the official security standards.