Recognizing Popular Locksmith Scams and How to Avoid Them
Probably all of us have dealt with various locksmith problems at a certain point in our lives. We all realize how hard and stressful it might be to deal with these emergencies on your own. That’s why it’s so important to find a reliable locksmith in your area that’ll not only resolve unpredictable issues but will also provide you with different high-quality locksmith and security services.
However, it may not be that easy to find a professional and reliable company with affordable prices. There are so many people that might want to set you up in order to rip you off. We have been working in this industry for quite some time and have heard all kinds of stories. Today, we are writing about some of the most common locksmith scams and ways to avoid them.
Low advertised prices
Intentional property damage
Demand only cash
No contact after services
Tips to avoid locksmith scams
- Find a reliable locksmith in advance. Take some time to research professional technicians beforehand to avoid doing that in a rush in case an emergency arises. That way you’ll be able to evaluate more clearly.
- Seek recommendations. It’s always better to use services that have been already tested by your friends, colleagues or neighbors.
- Verify credentials. Before you hire a locksmith, make sure to check their qualifications and ask for a certification that proves their expertise.
- Check out the reviews. Another great way to avoid scams and find out more about a locksmith company is to look through the reviews their clients left. That way you get honest opinions about the services.
- Avoid unbelievably low prices. No matter how attractive it is, don’t fall for prices that are too low, as no professional technician will charge so little.
- Ask for identification. When the locksmith arrives, request their identification and verify that it matches the name and company information provided to you. A legitimate locksmith will always carry proper identification.
You may also like
How to find a reliable emergency locksmith in your area
Finding a reliable emergency locksmith is a difficult and time-consuming process. We only attach much importance to it once an unpleasant situation happens. Only at that moment do we think that having the phone number of a reliable locksmith written down is a great solution. <a href="/blog/nine-reasons-to-call-an-emergency-locksmith/">Why do we need the services of an emergency locksmith</a>? Because anything can happen to our equipment at any time. A key is broken in the lock, you can't close the door, and you lost your car keys - the "right" emergency technician can solve all these problems. However, how do you choose the right one? Read more about this in our blog post.
USA Burglary Statistics 2021
Many people choose to remain ignorant about Home burglary statistics, perhaps because it is distressing for them. As you probably know, security technologies improve daily but so do burglar break-in methods. In this article, we’ll discuss recent burglary statistics so that you’ll be wiser and more readily recognize whether you should take protective steps to be prepared for any eventuality. We have been dealing with the consequences of break-ins again and again during our 35 years of experience in the locksmith and security industry. Usually, that upsetting experience is what makes people realize that their home security needs to be improved and updated. Let’s utilize the unfortunate statistics of burglaries to your advantage and find out <a href="/blog/how-to-secure-your-home/">how to secure your house</a> and why making our private places secure is an important task.
Facts You Might Not Know About Locksmiths
Believe it or not, Locksmithing is an industry that is both fascinating and immense. It is constantly changing so that there's always something new to learn, whether you are a veteran or first time customer. <a href="/">Sure Lock & Key</a> is always happy to share all aspects of the process of our work so that you can know what to expect and what can be done to improve your current situation. The picture we will print will be from the Locksmith's point of view. Yes, learning about locksmithing can be fun as well. Here are some interesting facts about our profession that you may find amusing.