Are documents safe in a fireproof safe
Unfortunately, you can never predict when a disaster will strike. House fires or floods are not something we expect to happen. However, you can take some measures to avoid the destructive impact of these situations. You might have some valuables and important documents that you want to protect in case of an emergency. So, you may be wondering what is the best way to protect valuables in your home or office. In case of fire, your documents are the most vulnerable as they burn easily. One of the best options to ensure they are secure is to get a fireproof safe. Before choosing which of the fire-resistant safes to buy, it would be beneficial to find out about safe fire ratings. This will certainly help you understand how long different ratings of safes can protect your documents.
If you’re unsure what type of safe to choose and have some unanswered questions, you might want to consider consulting with a professional. Sure Lock & Key is always ready to answer any questions. Also, we’ll gladly assist you with safe installation, if you so desire.
How do you protect a paper document
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
Do fireproof safes protect paper
- Paper documents: Passports, official certificates, car license, home related documents, etc. To protect such items, you need a safe capable of withstanding 350 degrees F or more.
- Digital media: Flashcards, CDs, DVDs, USBs, cables, etc. With these kinds of items the criteria actually needs a lower temperature. It would be best if you had a safe with a 238 degrees F protection capability.
- SSDs, computer backups, internal hard drives, tapes, etc. These items also require a lower temperature threshold. If you are looking for a safe to protect such valuables, you’ll need one that can withstand 150 degrees F or more. If you want to store a combination of items from different categories, it's best to look for the one with the highest temperature threshold. However, pay attention to the time limit. Even the most expensive safe can get seriously damaged during a prolonged fire. Make sure you take all the precautionary measures and of course if you can call the firefighters immediately.
Where is the place to put a fireproof safe
Need more information?
Call us to get a free quote
The best fireproof document safe
- SentrySafe is a waterproof and fireproof safe. This model is capable of protecting documents against fire for 60 minutes in a temperature of up to 1700 degrees F. It is equipped with a digital keypad and a mechanical key for additional protection. Even after a 15-foot drop, it will remain closed. The pry-resistant hinge bar won’t break even if someone uses explosives.
- SentrySafe fireproof box with key lock: A compact and budget-friendly safe, it has a lower temperature threshold (1550 degrees F instead of 1700) and can keep your documents safe for up to 30 minutes. It has a mechanical lock that opens with a flat key. The built-in carrying handle allows you to grab it and easily transport it.
- Sports Afield Sanctuary Platinum Series: This 11,25 inches tall safe has a double-duty construction that lasts up to 60 minutes in at the 1800 F degree temperature level. This fireproof safe is great for protecting your belongings against smoke. Also, an audible tamper alarm informs you whether someone attempts to break the lock and steal the contents. Also, there is no need to carry the mechanical key due to the electronic lock.
- The Honeywell 1108 Fire/Water Large Fire Chest: A sizeable 84-pound box which can protect documents for an hour at 1700 F degrees and has enough space to keep your things organized. However, its size could be a disadvantage because it might be hard to choose a place for this model. A safe installation is a process that requires time, and the person doing it must have the skills and knowledge to do it correctly and efficiently. If you are unsure that you can do it yourself, you can always use safe locksmith services.
You may also like
The Best Possible Safe
When buying a safe, like anything else, we want to get the maximum deal. Safes can be quite complicated. It may be hard to find a safe that can cover all your needs simply because the slightest detail might change the entire choice of a particular safe. Let's just say that a perfect safe for your friend’s needs may be totally useless for yours. Another obstacle is that there are so many safes on the market today that you will need to spend a lot of time understanding their advantages, disadvantages, functions, features, etc. That’s why we prepared a guide to help you find the best safe for your present needs. Sure Lock & Key is happy to help by making your complex decisions easier! If you have the time, keep reading and we will try our hardest to reach the answers you seek!
Safe Fire Ratings Importance
Notes like “UL”, “JIS”, “30 min” for the new safe you’re checking might be not helpful at all if you have no clue what they mean. Let’s make all these safe fire ratings clear so you will be able to choose the safe perfect for you. Sure Lock & Key is always here to help whenever you need professional advice or safe installation itself!
Why You Should Invest In A Safe
Even though safes have become common, many people still don’t trust them or don’t think they have genuine advantages for residential use. To be ready and protected, we need to implement a wide range of security solutions. And to make your home as safe as possible, you need to start somewhere. Sure Lock & Key recommends you invest in a safe first. Let’s check why it’s so important to have a safe for your precious assets. Let’s see why you should get yourself one!