About Windsor Locks
The town of Windsor Locks is located in Hartford County, on the west bank of the Connecticut River. It was separated from Windsor and incorporated as its own settlement in 1854. The town was named after the opened in 1829 a set of canal locks.
The Bradley International Airport opening in the 1940s has changed the town's life, economy, and boundaries. Today, Windsor Locks is considered a major transportation hub within the state.