Windham is a town in Windham County, northeastern Connecticut, United States. It contains the city of Willimantic as well as the boroughs of Windham Center, North Windham, and South Windham. Starting in the early nineteenth century, the town's center of activity moved from Windham to Willimantic (which was incorporated as a city in 1893). Then it was reincorporated into the town of Windham in 1983.
Windham was named after Wyndham in England. Earlier Windham was known for its textile industry. In 1877, the newspaper, which later became The Willimantic Chronicle, was founded. It has been published by the same family for five generations. Now the town is famous for its Eastern Connecticut State University.